Rail engine derails in Himachal PradeshAugust 14th, 2008 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 13 (IANS) The engine of a train carrying over 200 passengers derailed Wednesday near Kangra town in Himachal Pradesh, police said. No casualties were reported. The accident took place on the Jogindernagar-Pathankot section near Kangra, about 225 km from here, a police official said.
The train was on its way from Pathankot town in Punjab to Jogindernagar in Himachal Pradesh. Traffic on the railway line was restored by the evening, the official added.
This is the second such incident in a week on the same track. At least six people were injured when a train derailed Sunday.
The railway police said the entire track from Jogindernagar to Pathankot was in a poor condition.
- Himachal rail line reopens after seven months - Mar 31, 2012
- Hundreds of tourists stranded in Himachal Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- Rail traffic restored in Himachal Pradesh - Aug 11, 2008
- Why proposed heritage site damaged, asks Himachal court - Dec 21, 2011
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, all passengers safe - Apr 27, 2011
- 20 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- 39 people have died in Himachal rains - Sep 10, 2011
- Rail traffic restored on Kalka-Shimla track (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Rail traffic disrupted as goods train derails - Oct 04, 2011
- Rail engine derails in Himachal Pradesh - Jul 01, 2010
- 25 injured after train derails in central India - May 10, 2011
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 27, 2011
- Goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 08, 2010
- Goods train jumps rails in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 13, 2010