Raid yields Rs.3 crore worth assets from engineer’s houseDecember 21st, 2010 - 9:14 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Dec. 21 (IANS) The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Madhya Pradesh police Tuesday raided the house of an assisant engineer in the electricity department here and recovered assets worth Rs.3 crore.The raid at the house of O.P. Sikarwar began early morning and yielded documents on three agricultural lands, two houses, two shops, cash, ornaments and details of lockers in several banks.
“Since long we were receiving complaints against him and so we conducted the raid. We cannot give the exact figures, but Sikarwar holds at least Rs.3 crore worth of properties in his own name as well as in his wife’s and son’s names,” police superintendent Arvind Saxena, an EOW official, said.
This was the second raid in three days against government employees in Madhya Pradesh.
The Lokayukta department had raided the house of Mansoor Khan, a clerk in the Bhopal Municipal corporation, Sunday and found properties worth over Rs.1 crore in his name.
- Anti-corruption raids of officials yields crores - Jan 13, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh clerk's assets Rs 30 crores! - Dec 18, 2011
- Rs.5 crore-worth assets seized from Madhya Pradesh sub-engineer - Dec 15, 2011
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- Lokayukta raids continue in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 19, 2012
- Assets worth Rs.1 crore found with Bhopal municipal clerk - Dec 20, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh engineer has Rs.10 crore assets - Jan 07, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh peon worth Rs.12 crore - Dec 08, 2011
- From peons to clerks, raids unveil Madhya Pradesh's millionaires - Jan 20, 2012
- A clerk who made Rs.30 crores! (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- A jail superintendent worth Rs.3 crores! - Mar 01, 2012
- A clerk who made Rs.30 crores! (Second Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- CBI raids ex-legislator's houses in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 16, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh to confiscate five officials' properties - Apr 04, 2012
- Cash, jewellery worth Rs.11.61 crore seized from Ponty Chadha - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: agricultural lands, arvind, assets, banks, bhopal, crore, economic offences, electricity department, engineer, exact figures, government employees, lockers, lokayukta, mansoor khan, ornaments, police superintendent, prv, rs 1