Rahul Raj’s father to meet president for justiceNovember 10th, 2008 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Nov 10 (IANS) Frustrated and disappointed, K.P. Singh, the father of Rahul Raj, the Bihar youth shot dead by Mumbai Police in a commuter bus last month, will meet President Pratibha Patil Tuesday to seek justice.”I will meet President Pratibha Patil Tuesday as per given time to request for justice,” Singh, who says he has lost faith in politicians in view of the justifications being bandied around for his son’s killing, said here Monday before leaving for Delhi.
Singh, along with his daughter Priyanka, will also submit a memorandum to the president demanding stern action against the policemen involved in Rahul Raj’s killing.
“Our last hope for justice is the president of India before approaching the Supreme Court,” Singh maintained.
Singh, who claims his son was killed in a “fake encounter” on Oct 27, said that two weeks after the incident, he was yet to receive his son’s autopsy report or a list of the items police had recovered from Raj’s possession.
“Neither the Mumbai police nor the Bihar police tried to help an unlucky father like me who lost his elder son in a fake encounter,” Singh said in a choked voice.
“I fail to understand why the Mumbai police killed an innocent boy.”
Police shot dead Raj, 25, after he allegedly attacked the conductor of a commuter bus and fired at a passenger with his revolver.
Before being shot dead, Raj had said that he wanted to kill Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Thackeray for inciting his party workers to attack youths from Bihar who were in Mumbai for a railway recruitment examination.
Singh said the Maharashtra government’s delay in ordering a judicial probe into the incident was frustrating.
Raj’s killing sparked a row between politicians of Maharashtra and Bihar with several parties demanding a judicial probe into the incident. Maharashtra Chief Secretary Johny Joseph is conducting an independent probe into the incident while the Mumbai police Crime Branch is also conducting an internal enquiry into it.
- Slain Bihar youth's father to appeal to president for justice - Nov 08, 2008
- Rahul Raj's father to file petition in Supreme Court - Nov 14, 2008
- Dey's murder: Court seeks status report from Mumbai Police - Jun 16, 2011
- Slain youth's father to sue Maharashtra government, Raj Thackeray - Nov 01, 2008
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe in Gujarat Prajapati encounter case - Apr 08, 2011
- Want justice for Batla house accused, says Digvijay (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Maharashtra gets Supreme Court notice on protection of migrants (Lead, combining different series) - Nov 10, 2008
- Chavan rules out CBI probe, media threaten stir on scribe killing - Jun 13, 2011
- Bihar asks Tamil Nadu to probe killings - Feb 24, 2012
- Engineering students arrested for topper classmate's murder - Mar 01, 2012
- Ranvir Sena chief shot dead; Bihar put on alert (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Scribe's murder: Lawyer moves high court for CBI probe - Jun 15, 2011
- Rahul Raj cremated amid tight security in Patna - Oct 29, 2008
- High Court frowns at slow probe in Maval firing case - Mar 21, 2012
- Another man killed by criminals in Patna - May 25, 2011