Rahul Mishra named best womenswear designerMay 8th, 2012 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) Indian designer Rahul Mishra was adjudged the best womenswear designer by Cotton Council International (CCI) Tuesday for his creations with the fabric.
“I am feeling extremely happy and honoured after getting this award. This award is given by Cotton Council International for my contribution in terms of promotion for cotton,” Mishra told IANS.
The designer is known for his love with the fabric and his design philosophy revolves around traditional weaves and fabrics such as Benarasi silks, Chikankari and Kerala’s cotton handloom cloth.
His fascination with traditional fabrics was evident during his first showcase at a fashion week. He made his fashion week debut in Mumbai in 2006, and used Kerala handloom fabric to make dresses and trousers, which could be worn inside out.
Apart from Indian fashion weeks, the designer has also showcased his collection at fashion weeks in Australia, London and Dubai.
- Handwoven Swarovski work dominates Akaaro's show - Feb 16, 2012
- 'Fashion weeks just have entertainment value' (With Image) - Jan 23, 2012
- Designer Gaurang Shah teams with 250 weavers to revive handlooms (With Image) - Jun 24, 2012
- From huts to high streets: Khadi comes of age (Feature) - Sep 30, 2011
- Gaurav Gupta wins international designer award - Oct 25, 2011
- Indian craft dying slowly, consumers wake up: Designer - Oct 13, 2011
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- Can Vidya's kanjeevaram look revive hand-woven saris? - Feb 16, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani returns to Indian craft, handloom - Mar 25, 2010
- Dresses inspired by red carpet glamour in LFW (With Image) - Aug 09, 2011
- A fashion show to mark 100 years of Bihar (With Image) - Mar 27, 2012
- Shilpa, Chitrangada mesmerise at WIFW finale - Oct 28, 2010
- Is Indian handloom dying a slow death? - Dec 14, 2011
- Classic silhouettes inspire Ankita-Anjana for men's fashion week - Aug 29, 2011
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: cci, chikankari, cotton council international, design philosophy, dresses, dubai, fabric, fascination, fashion week, fashion weeks, handloom, indian fashion, kerala, mumbai, New Delhi, showcase, silks, traditional fabrics, trousers, weaves