Rahul Mahajan’s dangerous liaisons in the ‘Bigg Boss’August 30th, 2008 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 30 (IANS) Rahul Mahajan, son of late Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Pramod Mahajan, has been creating waves on reality TV show “Bigg Boss” by his flirtations with controversial starlet Monica Bedi and rumoured link-up with actress Payal Rohtagi.And Rakhi Vijayan, who was voted out of the show Saturday, was seen playing a strange mix of a trouble-maker and trouble-shooter between Rahul and Monica. The actress, best known for playing Sweety in comedy serial “Hum Paanch”, went to the “Bigg Boss” house after a troubled marriage with Raveena Tandon’s brother Rajiv.
Rahul too is on the show after his marriage to long-time sweetheart Shweta ended.
To compound the strangeness of the situation is Payal, who has been seriously linked to Rahul after his break-up.
So who scripted this bizarre quadrangle? Destiny or the “Bigg Boss” spin-doctors?
One wonders how the Rahul-Payal real-life pair were thrown together in the seclusion of the game show house. A question that one of the contestants - comedian Ehsaan Qureshi - brought up not so gently on live camera.
He also accused Rahul of stealing into the girls’ chamber in the middle of the night after wrenching off his microphone - something that is strictly against the “Bigg Boss” rules. Even Monica, former companion of gangster Abu Salem, has been repeatedly reprimanded by “Big Boss” for doing away with the mandatory mike.
Said an industry source: “There’s definitely more to the Mahajan-Monica-Payal-Rakhi quartet at ‘Bigg Boss’ than meets the eye.”
The question is whom is Rahul Mahajan interested in - Payal Rohatgi or Monica Bedi? On the “Bigg Boss” cameras he seems to be completely ignoring Payal and lavishing interest on Monica.
In fact, Rakhi was heard scolding Rahul last week for “freaking” Monica out by flirting with her. To this Rahul replied that he was only indulging in some “time pass”.
Mahajan’s constant attention to Monica could be a ruse to throw spectators off the Payal trail. But it could be a very dangerous ruse.
The source added: “If Rahul is just flirting for time-pass then he’s playing with fire. Neither the government agencies nor Abu Salem will like what Rahul is doing with Monica. And if Monica is in ‘Bigg Boss’ to whitewash her image, then she isn’t going about it the right away by crying constantly and making herself out to be a babe lost in the woods who doesn’t know how to deal with Rahul’s attentions.”
- Showbiz beckons children of politicos - Feb 21, 2012
- Rahul Threatened Suicide As Per Payal - Aug 02, 2010
- I don't create controversies: Payal Rohatgi - Jan 05, 2012
- 'Splitsvilla' winner Siddharth to enter 'Bigg Boss 5' - Oct 15, 2011
- Now Payal Rohatgi is dating a wrestler - Jan 04, 2012
- I want to settle down, have kids, then think politics: Rahul Mahajan (Interview) - Sep 27, 2009
- Abu Salem's comments don't affect me: Monica Bedi (Interview) - Nov 18, 2008
- Shilpa Shetty's 'Bigg Boss' kick-starts, contenders promise fireworks - Aug 18, 2008
- Rahul Mahajan back on TV to host 'Perfect Bachelor' - Nov 29, 2011
- Verdict in Abu Salem passport case Nov 16 - Nov 01, 2010
- Dimpy Mahajan To Face Rahul’s Ex-Flame Payal Rohatgi In ‘Zor Ka Jhatka’ - Dec 20, 2010
- The Super Thief Bunty To Enter Bigg Boss House In Season 4 - Jul 24, 2010
- Kaun banega Mrs. Mahajan - Sep 19, 2009
- Ashmit has handled nasty 'Bigg Boss' inmates maturely: Ameesha - Nov 12, 2010
- Veena Malik to star in 3D horror film - Nov 19, 2011