Rahul, Gogoi to visit Assam disaster site (Lead, Changing dateline)May 2nd, 2012 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, May 2 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi is Wednesday expected to visit the site of the boat tragedy in Assam’s Dhubri district that is feared to have claimed 270 lives.
Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Assam Congress president Bhubneswar Kalita will accompany Gandhi to Fakirganj, where the disaster occurred Monday. Sources in the chief minister’s office confirmed this.
Gandhi is likely to interact with locals briefly and meet families of the victims. He will return to New Delhi by Wednesday evening.
- Rahul Gandhi meets kin of ferry disaster victims - May 02, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi visits riot-hit areas of Assam - Sep 11, 2012
- Assam puts ferry tragedy toll at 63 (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Assam asks Dhaka to help locate ferry victims (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- PM, Sonia visit Assam to assess flood situation - Jul 02, 2012
- Search resumes for Assam ferry tragedy victims - May 02, 2012
- 68 die, over 150 still missing in Assam boat tragedy (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- 150 missing, toll could rise in Assam boat accident - May 01, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Assam boat tragedy site - May 02, 2012
- Gogoi more needed in Assam than in New Delhi: Assam Congress - Apr 30, 2012
- Assam boat tragedy victims' kin to get Rs.1.5 lakh each - May 01, 2012
- Sonia, Shinde visit violence-hit Assam areas - Aug 13, 2012
- Presidential poll ends in Assam - Jul 19, 2012
- Assam ferry tragedy: More bodies recovered - May 03, 2012
- PM expresses grief over Assam ferry tragedy - Apr 30, 2012