Rahul Gandhi wants party unity in Himachal assembly pollsJuly 2nd, 2012 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
Kullu (Himachal Pradesh), July 2 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi Monday told partymen to remain united to oust the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party government in Himachal Pradesh in next year’s assembly election.
“Those who put in hard work would be promoted. In the ticket distribution, Youth Congress members, block and district presidents will have more say,” Gandhi, who reached here on a two-day visit, said while addressing the party activists.
He said those who just tried to grab a party ticket at the last minute or at somebody’s behest would not be tolerated. “There is no space for paratroopers in the party.”
Gandhi called for better coordination between the juniors and seniors in the party.
Addressing legislators and party functionaries, Gandhi said there was no place for factionalism and asked them to sink their differences and prepare a roadmap for the elections.
“Jointly work out a strategy to bring the party back to power. If you want to sit in the opposition for the next five years, be ready for that also,” said the Congress leader.
At the meeting of the legislators, former union minister Virbhadra Singh and union Minister of Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma were also present.
The hill state is due for assembly polls this year.
- Himachal Congress tries to put house in order (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Apr 28, 2012
- Himachal Congress legislators knock on Sonia's door (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Apr 22, 2012
- Congress legislators want seniors to come together (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Apr 08, 2012
- Virbhadra determined to steer assembly poll (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 03, 2012
- Sonia rallies in Himachal in September - Aug 29, 2012
- Rahul to review Himachal Congress July 2 - Jul 01, 2012
- It's homecoming for Virbhadra Singh (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Jun 29, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh is Himachal Congress chief - Aug 26, 2012
- Congress mulling naming Virbhadra Himachal unit chief - Aug 24, 2012
- Anxiety in BJP over move to make Virbhadra Himachal Congress chief (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 25, 2012
- Virbhadra accuses Dhumal of vindictiveness - Jul 01, 2012
- Virbhadra Singh appointed Congress' Himachal chief - Aug 29, 2012
- Opposition Congress at receiving end (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Mar 18, 2012
- Disillusionment, infighting caused Congress defeat - Jun 02, 2012
- Suspense over Virbhadra as Himachal Congress chief - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: anand sharma, assembly election, assembly polls, behest, congress leader, congress members, district presidents, factionalism, himachal pradesh, minister of commerce, paratroopers, party activists, party government, party ticket, party unity, rahul gandhi, ticket distribution, union minister, virbhadra singh, youth congress