Rahul Gandhi to visit Assam boat tragedy siteMay 2nd, 2012 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will Wednesday visit the site of the ferry accident in Assam that is feared to have claimed 270 lives. He will meet the families of the deceased, an aide said.
“Rahul Gandhi will visit Jaleswar, Dhubri district in Assam (the site of the ferry accident of April 30) this afternoon. He will meet with families of the deceased as well as survivors,” the aide said.
Although it is estimated that about 270 people died in the worst ever ferry tragedy in Assam that took place Monday in Lower Assam’s Dhubri district, the district administration is yet to confirm the exact toll.
- Rahul, Gogoi to visit Assam disaster site (Lead, Changing dateline) - May 02, 2012
- Assam asks Dhaka to help locate ferry victims (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Assam ferry tragedy: 270 still missing, rescue operations on (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Assam puts ferry tragedy toll at 63 (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Assam boat tragedy victims' kin to get Rs.1.5 lakh each - May 01, 2012
- Search resumes for Assam ferry tragedy victims - May 02, 2012
- 150 missing, toll could rise in Assam boat accident - May 01, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi meets kin of ferry disaster victims - May 02, 2012
- It was the worst nightmare for me: Survivor - May 01, 2012
- Modernize ferries in Assam: MP - May 02, 2012
- Assam seeks Rs.365 crore to upgrade water transport - May 06, 2012
- Bangladesh ferry capsize toll rises to 110 - Mar 14, 2012
- Sonia, Shinde visit violence-hit Assam areas - Aug 13, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Assam's violence-hit areas - Sep 08, 2012
- Assam ferry tragedy: More bodies recovered - May 03, 2012