Rahul Gandhi promises more industrial training centres in constituencyAugust 23rd, 2008 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Sultanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Aug 23 (IANS) Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi Saturday promised the residents of Sultanpur in Uttar Pradesh that more industrial training centres would be opened to enable the educated youth to get jobs.On the last day of his visit to the Amethi and Sultanpur constituency, the Congress MP inaugurated the newly-constructed Narendra Pratap Singh Industrial Institute in Chandpur Saidapatti village of Sultanpur.
“In the past couple of years, we have helped over 1,000 people of this area to get jobs in various industries and about 120 youths have also been provided employment in foreign countries,” Gandhi told a gathering of villagers.
More and more industrial training centres will be established, he added.
Earlier in the day, Gandhi held a meeting with the office bearers of the the Congress’ central monitoring and vigilance committee of Sultanpur district.
The heads of the various government departments were also summoned to the meeting and the Amethi MP discussed various reform and relief programmes with them.
“We demanded that Rahul issue directions for timely payments to the sugarcane farmers,” Congress legislator from Amethi Amita Singh told IANS.
The participants at the meeting also alleged that the district magistrate (DM) of Sultanpur V.N. Rai was not implementing the flood relief programmes properly.
“The relief material is reaching only the well-to-do families while the poor are being neglected. Rahul Gandhi instructed the DM to remove the anomalies and assure effective flood relief work,” Singh added.
A group of villagers tried to stop Gandhi’s cavalcade while he was leaving for Chandpur village from the Sultanpur district headquarters and raised slogans against the administration and police.
The villagers handed over a number of applications to Gandhi informing him of the problems faced by them. He assured them speedy redresal of their grievances.
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi meets Sonia, offers to quit - Mar 09, 2012
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi offers to resign over UP results (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Amethi follows tradition: Washerman casts first vote - Feb 15, 2012
- Women tie rakhis to Rahul, get assurance of development - Sep 02, 2010
- Congress releases first list for Uttar Pradesh polls - Aug 22, 2011
- Rahul to visit Uttar Pradesh - Jul 20, 2011
- BSP government not serious on development: Rahul Gandhi - Feb 08, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi to evaluate welfare schemes in Amethi - Jan 27, 2010
- Rahul leaves Amethi to meet Sonia - Sep 02, 2010
- Rahul seeks speedy probe in rural jobs irregularities - Mar 26, 2010
- Rahul's healing touch - visits victims of sexual assault - Feb 07, 2011
- Rahul to visit Maharashtra, Amethi (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Driving brother Rahul - Priyanka shows how (Lead) - Nov 20, 2009
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi on two-day Tamil Nadu visit - Dec 22, 2010