Rahman’s media-shy wife walks the red carpet with himFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 23 (IANS) Oscar-winning music maestro A.R. Rahman’s media-shy better half Saira Banu walked the red carpet at the Kodak Theatre here for the 81st Annual Academy Awards.
Clad in a black kurta-churidar by Sabyasachi Mukherjee, the demure wife of the maestro has by choice always maintained her distance from the limeligh till date. She was not a much known face among the Indians, let alone on the global platform before appearing at the awards.
Saira Banu was all over the TV screens worldwide when she walked the red carpet clinging to her husband’s right arm throughout the ceremony.
Not much of a speaking lot, both husband and wife have had perhaps the maximum number of public appearances courtesy the worldwide success of Danny Boyle’s Mumbai-based rags-to-rajah story “Slumdog Millionaire”.
Rahman won two golden statuettes - for best original song “Jai ho” and best original score for the film.
- Abhi-Ash, Malaika dazzle on Oscar red carpet - Feb 28, 2011
- When it comes to dressing, Rahman trusts his wife: Vijayeta Kumar (Interview) - Feb 23, 2009
- Anil Ambani walks Oscar red carpet, his 'The Help' gets statuette (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- Top honours crown 'The King's Speech' at 83rd Oscars (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2011
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- It's been great since Dilip saab proposed: Saira Banu (Interview) - Aug 27, 2012
- Dilip Kumar wishes fans pleasant 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- 'Toy Story 3' wins best animated feature film Oscar - Feb 28, 2011
- Rahman loses out at Oscars, Indians disappointed (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Rahman in Oscar run again with two nominations for '127 Hours' - Jan 25, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' big winner of Oscar evening - Feb 28, 2011
- 'The Artist' wins best original score - Feb 27, 2012
- Untold stories, rare pictures in Dilip Kumar's new biography - Jun 27, 2012
- Bollywood Gals Sport The Desi Look! - May 29, 2010
- Jennifer Lopez Dazzles Golden Globes 2011 Red Carpet - Jan 17, 2011