Ragging accused sent to judicial custodyAugust 6th, 2011 - 1:28 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 5 (IANS) Three students of an engineering college in Himachal Pradesh arrested for ragging newcomers were sent to judicial custody for three days by a local court, police said.
The three students of National Institute of Technology in Hamirpur, were arrested for ragging eight first-year students in the hostel, Superintendent of Police Kuldeep Sharma told IANS.
He said the accused were in first year as they failed in last year’s examination. The case was registered Wednesday evening on the complaint of the institute’s registrar.
The hill state was in news last year when a Dharamsala court held four senior medical students guilty and sentenced them to four years’ rigorous imprisonment in the Aman Kachru ragging-to-death case.
Aman, 19, who was in the Rajendra Prasad Medical College and Hospital in Tanda in Kangra district since 2007, died March 8, 2009, after he was ragged by four drunk seniors.
- Three students held for ragging in Himachal - Aug 04, 2011
- Four students guilty of ragging to death Aman Kachru - Nov 11, 2010
- Timeline of Aman Kachru ragged-to-death case - Nov 11, 2010
- Aman Kachru ragging case: Court to pronounce verdict Nov 11 - Oct 30, 2010
- Kachru ragging death: Convict moves high court - Dec 01, 2010
- Kachru ragging death: Guilty get four years' rigorous imprisonment (Roundup) - Nov 11, 2010
- Bail to ragging accused sends wrong message: Kachru's father - Jul 18, 2010
- Four accused in Kachru ragging granted bail - Jul 18, 2010
- Kachru ragging: Guilty get four years' rigorous imprisonment (Second Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Kachru ragging: Guilty get four years' jail term - Nov 11, 2010
- Four Himachal students booked for ragging - Aug 10, 2010
- Kachru's college principal forced to retire a day earlier - Nov 07, 2010
- Verdict in Aman Kachru's ragged-to-death case Thursday - Nov 10, 2010
- Dharamsala court to pronounce verdict in Kachroo murder case - Nov 11, 2010
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts set free before term - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: death case, dharamsala, engineering college, hamirpur, institute of technology, judicial custody, kuldeep, local court, medical college, medical students, national institute of technology, newcomers, rajendra prasad, rigorous imprisonment, seniors, superintendent, tanda, wednesday evening