Queen Elizabeth takes style tips from KateMarch 14th, 2012 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 14 (IANS) Queen Elizabeth has reportedly become a fan of her granddaughter-in-law Kate Middleton’s taste for classic styles and asks the Duchess of Cambridge for advice on what to wear.
The 85-year-old queen and Kate are also scheduled to meet Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, to coordinate outfits for the official diamond jubilee celebrations, Daily Express reported.
In spite of their age difference, the queen asked her grandson Prince William’s 30-year-old wife for suggestions on clothes for a military event at Windsor Castle marking her 60 years on the throne.
“Her majesty has grown very fond of Kate’s style and is making plans for her own wardrobe for the jubilee celebrations,” an official said.
“It’s believed the Queen will join Camilla and in particular Kate to discuss what fabrics they are suited in for certain official engagements and, in particular, is interested in Kate’s opinion on what she herself should wear,” the official said.
The discussions are also expected to include Angela Kelly, the queen’s personal assistant and in-house dress designer.
The three royals earlier appeared to have coordinated outfits, as all of them wore blue for an official visit to a London store this month.
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012
- Thousands cheer Queen's Diamond Jubilee river pageant - Jun 04, 2012
- Queen leads Kate, Camilla on shopping trip - Mar 03, 2012
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Prince Charles now favoured as next king of England - Jun 11, 2012
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- Kate's parents meet Queen, Prince Philip - Apr 21, 2011
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Wills, Kate's world tour next year will help ease Queen's Diamond Jubilee workload - May 03, 2011
- Kate Middleton's first lesson is learning when to curtsey to whom - May 02, 2011
- David Cameron backs 'Queen Camilla' - Nov 22, 2010
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- How Kate Middleton's in-laws-to-be reacted to engagement announcement - Nov 17, 2010
- Prince Charles states publicly that his wife Camilla could be Queen - Nov 20, 2010
Tags: angela kelly, camilla the duchess, camilla the duchess of cornwall, coordinated outfits, diamond jubilee, dress designer, duchess of cornwall, granddaughter, kate middleton, london march, london store, majesty, military event, old wife, personal assistant, prince william, queen elizabeth, royals, style tips, windsor castle