Queen Elizabeth greets UAE on national dayDecember 1st, 2011 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Dec 1 (IANS/WAM) Queen Elizabeth II has greeted UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan on the country’s 40th National Day that falls Dec 2.
Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, delivered a letter from the queen to Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, crown prince of Abu Dhabi and deputy supreme commander of the UAE armed forces.
Sheikh Mohammed and Prince Andrew also reviewed Wednesday the historic ties between the two countries and ways to enhance them.
The National Day, celebrated Dec 2, marks the UAE’s formal independence from Britain and the eventual unification of the seven emirates in 1971.
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- Sharjah ruler undergoes surgery in Paris - Dec 01, 2011
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- UAE, China hold bilateral talks - Mar 30, 2012
- UAE leaders greet new Saudi crown prince - Jun 19, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince attends mass wedding - Jan 15, 2012
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE charity sends five tonnes of dates to India - Mar 31, 2012
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE congratulates new Egyptian president-elect - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, crown prince, dg, duke of york, elizabeth ii, eventual unification, formal independence, khalifa bin zayed, mohammed bin zayed, president sheikh khalifa, prince andrew, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, sheikh khalifa bin zayed, sheikh khalifa bin zayed al nahyan, sheikh mohammed bin zayed, sheikh mohammed bin zayed al nahyan, supreme commander, wam, zayed al nahyan