Quake rattles MaharashtraSeptember 19th, 2011 - 11:19 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 19 (IANS) An earthquake measuring 3.9 on the Richter Scale shook Maharashtra early Monday, barely 12 hours after a powerful quake jolted northern and eastern India, an official said.
According to an official of the Seismological Monitoring Centre, the quake was felt at 6.22 a.m. with the epicentre in Latur district.
Though there are unconfirmed reports of minor damage to a few houses in some villages, no casualties have been reported so far, an official said.
The quake was felt, among other areas, in Latur, Parbhani, Osmanabad and Solapur districts.
- Quake hits India's northeast (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 01, 2012
- Low-intensity quake in northeast - Sep 07, 2012
- Earthquake in northeast - Jul 15, 2012
- Mild quakes in Maharashtra, Gujarat - Apr 14, 2012
- Two earthquakes hit northeastern states (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Quake jolts northeast India - Aug 19, 2012
- Three minor quakes in Maharashtra, Gujarat (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Mild tremors in Uttarakhand (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Moderate quake jolts Gujarat (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- 6.7-magnitude quake hits Mexico - Apr 08, 2011
- 7-magnitude quake rocks Myanmar (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Experts rule out fresh killer quake in Nepal, Sikkim - Sep 19, 2011
- 5.4-magnitude quake rocks Assam, Meghalaya (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011