Quake jolts India-Myanmar borderJuly 15th, 2012 - 8:35 am ICT by IANS
Hong Kong, July 15 (IANS) An earthquake measuring 5.6 on the Richter scale jolted the India-Myanmar border region early Sunday, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.
The quake occurred at 1.25 a.m. Sunday (1955 GMT Saturday), 43 km east-south-east of Kohima, capital of India’s Nagaland state. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) put the magnitude at 5.5.
According to Xinhua, the epicentre, with at a depth of 6.5 km, was determined to be at 25.4 degrees north latitude and 94.4 degrees east longitude.
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Argentina, no casualties - May 28, 2012
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands - Dec 03, 2011
- 5.9-magnitude quake hits Fiji region - Mar 27, 2011
- 5.8 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Moderate quake hits Nicobar Islands (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- 6.1-magnitude quake hits Japan - Oct 21, 2011
- Magnitude 7.2 quake hits Mexico - May 02, 2012
- 5.5-magnitude quake off Japan's Honshu - Apr 02, 2011
- Magnitude 6.6 quake hits New Britain region, Papua New Guinea (Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
- Magnitude-6.9 quake hits Solomon Islands - Apr 23, 2011
- Quake hits Papua New Guinea - Aug 21, 2011
- 4.5-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 02, 2011
- 6.4-magnitude quake hits Papua New Guinea - Aug 16, 2010
- Quake jolts China - Jul 25, 2011
- Magnitude 6.6 quake hits New Britain region - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: border region, capital of india, earthquake, east longitude, epicentre, gmt, hong kong, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, magnitude, myanmar border, nagaland, north latitude, quake jolts, richter scale, us geological survey, usgs, xinhua