Putin ready to work with next US presidentSeptember 6th, 2012 - 6:36 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 6 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russia is ready to work with the next US president regardless of who wins in the November elections, so long as the person is ready to work with Russia, President Vladimir Putin said.
“Whoever the American public elects, we will work with them,” Putin told RT TV in an interview.
“But we will work together just as effectively as our partners want to.”
Putin was commenting on Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s potential electoral victory. Romney has taken a markedly tougher stance on Russia, even having commented earlier in an interview with CNN that Russia is America’s “number one geopolitical foe”.
The US presidential elections will be held Nov 6.
- Putin spokesman hopes ties with US 'remain good' - Sep 08, 2012
- US to continue reset relations with Russia - Sep 25, 2011
- US-Russia cooperation based on interests: White House - Mar 09, 2012
- US hopes for further 'democratisation' in Russia - May 09, 2012
- US looks forward to working with Putin - Mar 06, 2012
- Putin proposes Medvedev as prime minister - May 07, 2012
- Obama calls Putin - Mar 10, 2012
- Putin says no review of Russian parliamentary poll results - Dec 27, 2011
- No Putin portraits on campaign posters - Feb 07, 2012
- 100 detained at Moscow rally - Mar 06, 2012
- Putin, Obama to meet after presidential inauguration - Mar 21, 2012
- 116-year-old man votes in Russian polls - Mar 05, 2012
- Russian opposition needs two years to challenge Putin - Jan 07, 2012
- Russian election commission declares Putin winner - Mar 08, 2012
- Putin registered as presidential candidate - Dec 20, 2011
Tags: cnn, electoral victory, foe, mitt romney, moscow, president vladimir putin, presidential elections, republican presidential candidate, republican presidential candidate mitt romney, ria novosti russia, vladimir putin