Purohit to be put through brain mapping, narco testsNovember 11th, 2008 - 1:09 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 10 (IANS) Lt. Col. P.S. Purohit, the Indian Army officer arrested for his alleged involvement in the Sep 29 Malegaon blast, has been taken to a forensic sciences laboratory in Bangalore for brain mapping, polygraph and narco-analysis tests, officials said Monday.According to sources in the Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS), Purohit, the first serving army officer to be arrested in a terror case, has been taken to the Bangalore Forensic Science Laboratory. He is suspected to have obtained the explosives used in the Malegaon blast that killed five people during the month of Ramadan. The ATS is also probing whether he siphoned funds from the Military Intelligence directorate during his posting there.
The CBI is also looking at the possible involvement of those arrested in the Malegaon blast, including Purohit, in the 2006 Nanded blast in which four alleged Bajrang Dal activists were killed while assembling a bomb. Nine people have been arrested for their involvement in the Malegaon blast.
Purohit is believed to be a member of the right wing Abhinav Bharat.
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- High profile suspects who underwent narco tests - May 05, 2010
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- Muslim groups demand fresh probe into Mecca Masjid blast - May 03, 2010
- Ajmer blast accused petition accepted, Rajasthan Government to file reply - May 07, 2010
- Indian Army tightens systems post-Purohit episode - Nov 12, 2008
- CBI-ATS team explores Abhinav Bharat's role in Ajmer blast - Oct 23, 2009
- I stand by my remarks on Karkare: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- Rajasthan ATS granted permission for narco test on Ajmer blast suspect - May 03, 2010
- High court grants bail to two Malegaon blast accused - Aug 03, 2011
- Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand claims innocence - Apr 22, 2011
- Malegaon blast accused not part of RSS: Ram Madhav - Feb 11, 2011
- Army officer refused bail in Malegaon blast case - Nov 10, 2011