Purohit being tortured by ATS, alleges kinNovember 13th, 2008 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Nashik (Maharashtra), Nov 13 (IANS) Malegaon bomb blast accused Lt. Col. Srikant Prasad Purohit was being physically tortured in the Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) custody, his father-in-law Vasant Dalvi alleged in a complaint filed in a court here Thursday. Alleging that Purohit was being beaten up during interrogation in the police custody, Dalvi requested the chief judicial magistrate’s court to order the army officer’s medical examination.
While the police custody remand of Purohit, who has been accused of playing a lead role in planning the bomb blast conspiracy and helping the other accused with funds and training, ends Saturday, sources said the court may take up the complaint earlier.
Dalvi’s complaint was received by a holiday court as the regular court was closed on account of Guru Nanak Jayanti.
Supporters of another bomb blast case accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur including her sister have already complained she was tortured both before and after her formal arrest.
Major (retd) Ramesh Upadhyay, another accused in the case, had also complained of torture when he was produced before the court earlier this month. He had even offered to bare the wound marks in the court.
Six people were killed in the blast in the Maharashtra town of Malegaon Sep 29.
- Malegaon blast accused to contest Uttar Pradesh polls - Jan 23, 2012
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- High court grants bail to two Malegaon blast accused - Aug 03, 2011
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- Malegaon blast case: Supreme Court to hear Sadhvi Pragya 's appeal - Oct 04, 2010
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Ajmer blast case: Swami Asimanand sent to judicial custody till Nov. 30 - Nov 20, 2010
- Army officer refused bail in Malegaon blast case - Nov 10, 2011
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011
- Ajmer blast case: CBI arrests 'mastermind' Swami Asimanand in Haridwar - Nov 19, 2010
- Malegaon blast: Purohit's custodial interrogation put off - Mar 21, 2012
- Pragya associate attempts suicide, claims torture - Jan 05, 2011
- Malegaon blast case: Bombay HC brings backs MCOCA charge against Sadhvi Pragya - Jul 19, 2010
- Malegaon blast case: Bombay High Court rejects Sadhvi Thakur's bail plea - Mar 12, 2010