Punjab to recruit 14,000 more schoolteachersApril 15th, 2008 - 8:56 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, April 15 (IANS) The Punjab government Tuesday announced that 14,000 new teachers would be recruited for schools in the state for the coming academic session 2008-09. Education Minister Upinderjit Kaur said recruitment of teachers for various classes has been initiated and appointment letters were being issued to the selected candidates.
Kaur said the process would be completed well before this year’s academic session commenced. This will immensely supplement the approximate 55,000 teachers already on the state’s rolls.
She said of the 9,998 posts of elementary trained teachers (ETT) advertised recently, appointment letters to 8,856 teachers have been given.
About 4,000 teachers with the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) qualification would be issued appointment letters by April 30, she added.
The minister said that hundreds of teachers were being promoted to the next rank to give impetus to school education.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, speaking at a function in Ludhiana Tuesday, said that upgradation of 351 senior secondary government schools at a cost of Rs 1.42 billion was being done this year to provide quality education in the science and commerce streams.
- Punjab to absorb 14,000 teachers on contract - Sep 07, 2010
- Primary schoolteachers protest to seek job regularisation from Punjab Govt. - Sep 12, 2010
- Primary school teachers protest to seek job regularisation from Punjab Govt. - Sep 12, 2010
- Punjab accepts agitating teachers' demands - Nov 12, 2010
- Spare Punjab teachers from census duty: minister - May 04, 2010
- Punjab to get over 7,000 teachers in a week - Jun 10, 2010
- Teaching a lesson to the Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 09, 2011
- Punjab warns protesting teachers - Sep 14, 2010
- Punjab creates separate cadre of teachers for border areas - Aug 03, 2012
- Punjab teacher dies after setting herself ablaze - Feb 08, 2010
- Apex court clears decks for teachers' recruitment in Assam - Feb 08, 2012
- Punjab teacher dies after setting herself ablaze (Lead) - Feb 08, 2010
- Winds of change: Haryana puts spotlight on education - Jul 06, 2010
- Apex court clears decks for Assam teachers' recruitment (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Badal assures jobs to protesting trainee teachers - Feb 26, 2010