Punjab proposes Rs.50-bn expresswayFebruary 10th, 2009 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Feb 10 (IANS) Putting Punjab on the roadmap of the speedway era, the state government Tuesday proposed a Rs.50-billion (Rs.5,000-crore) expressway.
The showpiece expressway, announced by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal here, would link the upcoming international airport at Mohali adjoining Chandigarh, to the industrial town of Phagwara in the Doaba, the land between the Sutlej and Beas rivers.
The expressway is expected to be completed within two years and Badal claimed that the 125-km between Mohali and Phagwara would be reduced by more than half.
“Presently, it takes two and a half hours to cover the distance. With the expressway, it will take just over an hour,” he said.
“The entire process for putting this project on the ground has been completed. All the plan details like alignment of the 100-metre wide corridor and project structure have already been worked out and finalised,” Badal declared here.
He added that the land acquisition notice for the purpose was issued Feb 6 and that the acquisition process would start soon.
- Punjab to complete river cleaning project by 2013 - Apr 27, 2012
- Yamuna Expressway to be aligned Agra-Lucknow highway - Aug 28, 2012
- Heavy voting in Punjab: Who will pay a heavy price? (News Analysis) - Jan 31, 2012
- Punjab not to acquire land without owners' consent - Sep 06, 2010
- Punjab potato growers to dump crop in Jalandhar - Dec 12, 2011
- Villagers demand toll tax waiver at Yamuna Expressway - Aug 16, 2012
- Sukhbir's stamp all over Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Mar 17, 2012
- Badal gives go-ahead to Ludhiana Metro project - Jul 17, 2012
- Land takeover begins for Delhi-Mumbai corridor - Aug 22, 2012
- Delhi-Agra run cut by half as Yamuna Expressway opens (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Punjab, Unesco to join hands for cultural preservation - Feb 26, 2011
- Punjab eco-warrior seeks environment in manifesto - Jan 06, 2012
- Jaypee's expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Politics delay inauguration of Yamuna Expressway - Jan 14, 2012
- Give top priority to dedicated freight corridor project: PM - Feb 09, 2012