Punjab cop kills wife, son, selfApril 9th, 2008 - 1:31 am ICT by admin
Chandigarh, April 8 (IANS) A Punjab Police head constable Tuesday shot dead his wife and 18-year-old son before turning his licensed 12-bore rifle on himself in Mohali district, police said. The police found the bodies of head constable Bhupinder Singh and his wife Jaswinder Kaur in a pool of blood inside the house in Kharar town of Mohali, 20 km from here. Their son Robin was lying injured.
Robin was alive when police took him to the civil hospital in Kharar from where he was referred to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) here. He succumbed to the injuries on the way.
Though no suicide note was found, neighbours and friends had different versions about the possible reason for the step.
While neighbours said Singh suspected his wife of an extra-marital affair, his friends said the constable’s wife kept suspecting him of illicit relations with other women.
Singh was in his 50s. His son was pursuing a mechanical engineering course in Chandigarh.
Neighbours said Robin called up one of them immediately after being shot by his father seeking help.
- Two cops booked for driving colleague to suicide - Mar 02, 2011
- Punjab man gets death for burning two sons to death - Sep 18, 2012
- Two accounts officers held in fraud case - Jun 23, 2011
- Thousands attend Surinder Badal's cremation - May 25, 2011
- Father abducts daughter, arrested - Aug 19, 2011
- Senior Haryana official found unconscious, hospitalized - Apr 14, 2012
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted, 4 held - Feb 06, 2011
- Mystery surrounds Chandigarh doctor's death - Dec 22, 2011
- Punjab villager ends treetop protest, touches ground again - May 14, 2011
- Guard murdered for not opening gate promptly - Jul 02, 2011
- Haryana politician still in hospital - Apr 15, 2012
- Police deny woman died due to security rehearsal - Feb 05, 2011
- Man kills wife over infidelity - Nov 10, 2011
- Two double murders leave Ludhiana shocked - Feb 03, 2012
- Cops suspended for creating ruckus in hospital - Jun 19, 2011