Punjab civil surgeon held taking bribeJuly 25th, 2012 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 25 (IANS) A civil surgeon in Punjab was arrested Wednesday while accepting a bribe of Rs.25,000 from a sweetshop owner, police said.
A state vigilance bureau team caught Jai Singh, a civil surgeon in Fatehgarh Sahib district, at his office accepting part of a monthly bribe from Ajmer Singh, a sweetshop owner, said Suresh Arora, the director general of police and chief director, vigilance.
Ajmer Singh, also president of the association of sweetshops in the district, had complained to the bureau that the surgeon has asked him to collect monthly bribe from all the shops and give him Rs.100,000 every month.
He had alleged that the surgeon had threatened to make surprise inspections at the sweet shops if the money was not paid to him regularly.
- Haryana bureaucrat arrested in corruption case - Feb 16, 2012
- Punjab official held for graft - Apr 19, 2011
- Punjab: where politics and religion mix well (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 31, 2011
- 3 suspected Babbar Khalsa terrorists arrested in Punjab - Nov 01, 2010
- Court frames charges against former narcotics bureau official - Nov 23, 2010
- Sukhbir Badal demanded Rs.1 crore, says Punjab bureaucrat - Jan 17, 2012
- Immigration firm owners booked for fraud - May 28, 2011
- Two Punjab cops suspended for custodial death - Nov 13, 2010
- Senior Punjab government official arrested for graft - Sep 09, 2010
- Power firm CA arrested for taking bribe - Feb 26, 2012
- Jharkhand cop arrested for taking bribe - Sep 23, 2010
- CBI arrests engineer for taking Rs.25,000 bribe - Dec 02, 2010
- Chandigarh gives its sweet shops 48 hours to clean up - Oct 22, 2010
- Bihar cracks whip again, sacks corrupt official - Jan 24, 2012
- SGPGC's Sri Guru Granth Sahib university launched - Jul 25, 2011