Punjab agency to install solar plant at Rashtrapati BhawanMay 21st, 2011 - 1:27 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 20 (IANS) The Punjab Energy Development Agency (PEDA) has been selected to install a solar power plant at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in the national capital, an official said here Friday.
The agency had earlier installed a solar power plant at the Parliament House complex.
State Secretary for Science and Technology Vishwajeet Khanna said the communication to award the Rashtrapati Bhawan complex solar power plant project to PEDA was received Friday.
PEDA has been awarded the project by the union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said: “It is a matter of great satisfaction that the union ministry has acknowledged the work of PEDA and allocated this prestigious project.”
PEDA Chief Executive Officer T.P.S Sidhu said the organization was setting up a number of projects in the field of solar power generation.
This included the Golden Temple complex and Durgiana temple in Amritsar, Pushpa Gujral Science city near Kapurthala, Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana, and the Punjab Raj Bhawan (governor’s house).
- Punj Lloyd bags Golden Temple solar power project - Aug 12, 2010
- Punj Lloyd wins five solar power projects from Punjab Government - Aug 12, 2010
- Agartala to be Northeast India's first solar city - Sep 12, 2012
- Delhi's monuments will be lit by solar energy - Sep 17, 2012
- Jammu governor's house gets solar-powered cars - Jan 04, 2011
- India's largest industrial solar plant operational in Punjab - Jul 29, 2012
- India to have 2 GW solar power capacity by 2013 - Nov 09, 2011
- Haryana Raj Bhawan buildings to get solar power plants - May 04, 2010
- Agartala to be northeast's first 'solar city' - Jun 04, 2010
- Solar lighting for police stations in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2012
- Punjab targets 1,000 MW solar power - Apr 03, 2010
- Farooq Abdullah reviews renewable energy projects in J-K - May 13, 2010
- Punjab cabinet prays at Amritsar shrines - Mar 16, 2012
- Areva joins Reliance to set up solar power plant - Apr 13, 2012
- India can be a global solar power: Report - May 18, 2011
Tags: badal, chief executive officer, deputy chief minister, energy development, golden temple, kapurthala punjab, parliament house, peda, prestigious project, punjab agriculture university, punjab raj bhawan, pushpa, rashtrapati bhawan, science city, sidhu, solar plant, solar power generation, solar power plant, state secretary, union ministry