Pune woman alleges torture by NRI employerMarch 4th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by admin
Pune, March 4 (IANS) A 30-year-old woman has complained to the police here that she was severely tortured by her NRI employer in Spain since early January. Kalpana Salunkhe said in her complaint that a family that employed her promised a good salary and offered to educate her eight-tear-old son when they took them to Las Palmas in Spain Jan 4 as a household aide.
“Instead, they forced me incessantly into labour and inflicted burn injuries when I couldn’t cope,” Salunkhe said.
Her lawyer, Asim Sarode, said her employer withheld his client’s passport, salary and return tickets.
She managed to reach home only after being helped by members of the Hindustan Club, a group of the Indian diaspora in Spain. A complaint had also been filed in Spain, Sarode added.
- Divorced woman moves court against passport office - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Demand to vote by NRIs driven by desire to contest elections' - Feb 04, 2011
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Exploited Indian workers on way home from Trinidad - Apr 25, 2011
- Fast food can push you into depression - Apr 01, 2012
- End manual scavenging, say Mumbai protesters - Jul 16, 2012
- Punjab NRI panel asks police to trace runaway husband - May 16, 2012
- Court wants contract between Indian maid, government - Mar 13, 2012
- Face of ancient human skeleton reconstructed - Jul 25, 2010
- Punjab's runaway NRI grooms lose passports - Jul 06, 2011
- Driver arrested for molesting French tourist - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Relief for PIOs, to be allotted extendable visas only' - Sep 29, 2010
- Spanish king's son-in-law a suspect in corruption case - Dec 30, 2011
- Spanish royals cut their own pay - Jul 18, 2012
- Chandy to help end expatriates' passport woes - Sep 28, 2011