Pune spared load shedding woesApril 4th, 2008 - 11:48 pm ICT by admin
Pune, April 4 (IANS) It is good news for residents of Pune as the proposed load shedding, starting April 5, will not be implemented, a power discom official said here Friday. According to the deputy public relation officer of the Maharashtra State Electric Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL), Chandrakant Gaurav: “The MSEDCL, Tata Power Company and Tata Power Trading Corporation have entered into a tripartite arrangement for supplying additional power to Pune zone.”
As per the arrangement, agreed upon by the parties in Mumbai, the Tata Power Company will supply additional 100 mega watts (MW) of power to Pune.
The power supply starts Friday midnight. This arrangement was reached for one year till April 14, 2008.
Pune has been facing power shortage to the tune of 160 MW daily, as the Captive Power Plants were unable to meet the growing power demands of the city.
The additional power will not come cheap and according sources, the new power tarrif could be anything from Rs.12 to Rs.15 per unit.
- Sheila to approach power ministry over grid overdraw - May 23, 2012
- Sheila Dikshit calls power tariff hike 'inevitable' - Jul 02, 2012
- Power tariff hike inevitable: Sheila Dikshit (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sterling Agro buys wind energy equipment from Suzlon - Jan 15, 2011
- Karnataka to buy 1,000MW daily to meet demand - Jan 13, 2012
- India enhancing domestic capacity for new gen power plants: Shinde - Apr 22, 2012
- Reliance, Tata eyeing hydro projects in Himachal - Jan 25, 2011
- Delhi to extend financial help to BSES - Dec 27, 2011
- Tata Power's 800 MW thermal plant operational in Gujarat - Jul 19, 2012
- Delhi to arrange for extra electricity from Damodar Valley Corp. - May 19, 2011
- Reliance Power gets 5 hydel projects in Himachal - Mar 18, 2011
- 1922 built hydel project re-commissioned - Dec 16, 2011
- BHEL to commission piping plant in Tamil Nadu in April - Jan 30, 2012
- Alstom Bharat Forge bags Rs.1,570-crore NTPC contract - Apr 24, 2012
- India's power situation grim, efforts on to ease crunch - Oct 14, 2011