Public banks’ policies saved India from financial blushes: ChidambaramDecember 27th, 2008 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
Puducherry, Dec 27 (IANS) Home Minister P. Chidambaram paid rich tributes to India’s public sector banks here Saturday while speaking at a university function.”India was saved from serious blushes from the global economic slowdown due to our (nationalised) banks’ diligent policies and vigilance,” Chidambaram said.
The former finance minister also expressed optimism about India’s unscathed emergence from the effects of the worldwide financial morass.
“I am hopeful that during the next fiscal, India will register an annual growth of 9 percent. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s endeavours in this direction will ensure this,” Chidambaram added.
- Don't draw unwarranted conclusions, PM tells rating agencies - Aug 11, 2012
- Steps soon to check fiscal, curent account deficits: Chidambaram (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Public sector bank's non-performing assets not alarming: FM (Roundup) - Aug 18, 2012
- Chidambaram hints at modifying tax norms, cut deficit (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Public sector bank's non-performing assets not alarming: FM - Aug 18, 2012
- Government seeks asset valuer to sell Tyre Corporation of India - Apr 20, 2012
- Chidambaram gets finance again, Shinde becomes home minister (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Bangladesh thanks India for supporting 'just' war - Dec 16, 2011
- Chidambaram's efforts will help revive growth: FICCI - Aug 07, 2012
- Chidambaram to fine-tune investment policies, spur growth (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- PM as FM: revisiting 1991? - Jun 30, 2012
- Global uncertainty affecting India: Pranab - Feb 21, 2012
- Apex finance panel agrees with RBI rate hike - Jul 27, 2011
- Problems will be resolved once investment is revived: FM - Aug 18, 2012
- RBI to open more offices in northeast - May 05, 2011