Provide education to fellow beings: Vice president’s wifeMarch 18th, 2011 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
Aligarh, March 18 (IANS) No act of charity is bigger than providing a fellow being with an opportunity to attain education and to make a respectable living with dignity, Salma Ansari, Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari’s wife, has said.
“I owe everything to this great institution for whatever I am today,” Salma said late Thursday night at the launch of Himani Verma’s book “Colours of My Rainbow” at the Women’s College, Aligarh Muslim University.
The book was released by Zakia A. Siddiqui, secretary, female education, and former principal of the Women’s College.
Ansari said she was greatly moved with the scenes of destitution that loomed large on the marginalised section of the society living in the lanes and by-lanes of cities like Aligarh where poverty had no beginning or an end like a horror movie.
Addressing the programme, Siddiqui said the Al-Noor Charitable Society, of which Ansari is the founder president, is great in the real sense as it has transformed and infused hope and confidence in the most ignorant and indifferent multitude.
Verma said she was greatly moved by the real stories of unending sufferings and inhuman treatment that the children studying at the Al-Noor schools went through.
- Partition affected Muslims adversely: Vice President - Sep 11, 2012
- Hamid Ansari: Seasoned diplomat and scholar, respected leader (Profile) - Jul 14, 2012
- Pain most intense emotion: Author of partition saga - Dec 11, 2010
- A progressive madrassa in the heart of Uttar Pradesh (With Image) - Dec 30, 2011
- On the cart: Quest for self, leadership, drama (IANS Books This Week) - Aug 04, 2011
- Sentiments vs freedom: Rushdie issue festers - Jan 29, 2012
- Three-day film festival begins at Aligarh Muslim University (With Image) - Mar 09, 2011
- Madrassas help students make sense of the world (Comment) - Apr 20, 2012
- Walking through history in bylanes of Agra (Letter from Agra) - Jan 28, 2011
- Couple arrested for murder of 65-year-old - Aug 16, 2011
- Aligarh varsity film fest in March - Feb 26, 2011
- Be catalyst for change, Alva tells Muslim girls - Feb 03, 2011
- Jamia honours Amartya Sen (With Image) - Dec 16, 2011
- Bangladesh seeks synergy with Aligarh Muslim university (With Image) - Mar 13, 2011
- AMU elects its first woman in teachers association - May 01, 2012
Tags: al noor, aligarh muslim university, charitable society, colours, destitution, fellow beings, female education, founder president, himani, horror movie, inhuman treatment, launch, living with dignity, mohammad hamid ansari, multitude, president mohammad, s college, siddiqui, sufferings, thursday night