Protest in Bihar against arrest of terror suspectsMay 30th, 2012 - 11:36 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 30 (IANS) Hundreds of people Wednesday took out a protest march in Bihar’s Darbhanga district to protest against the recent arrest of two people from the state on terror charges.
Kafil Akhtar was arrested from a village in the district by the Karnataka Police earlier this month while Fasih Mehmood was held in Saudi Arabia May 14.
Both are natives of Barh Saaila village in Darbhanga, around 200 km from here.
The people also protested against local Janata Dal-United legislator Izhar Ahmad, accusing him on being silent on the issue.
The protest was organised by Muslim Bedari Carvan.
- Family shocked at Bihar engineer's arrest on terror charges - May 21, 2012
- Apex court issues notice on missing Bihar engineer (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Bihar engineer in Saudi custody: Government to SC (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Apex court issues notice on a missing Bihar engineer - May 30, 2012
- Missing engineer's parents to stage hunger strike - May 24, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks - Jun 06, 2012
- Apex court grants time to centre on missing engineer case - Jun 01, 2012
- Court gives government time in missing engineer case (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Saudi authorities mum on Fasih Mahmood, SC told - Jun 11, 2012
- Terror suspect engineer's wife seeks fast track trial - Jul 01, 2012
- Bihar engineer in Saudi custody: Government to SC (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Missing engineer's mother asks PM to help trace son - Jun 18, 2012
- Nitish Kumar to raise arrest of terror suspect with centre - May 08, 2012
- Missing engineer's wife questions Nitish Kumar's silence - Jun 26, 2012