Prosecution concludes arguments in BMW hit-and-run caseJuly 14th, 2008 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 14 (IANS) The prosecutor in the 1999 BMW hit-and-run case in which Sanjeev Nanda, grandson of former navy chief Admiral (retd) S.M. Nanda, is alleged to have mowed down six people in south Delhi, concluded the final arguments Monday. Public prosecutor Rajeev Mohan, wrapping up the final arguments in the case, pointed out that the alcohol test conducted on Sanjeev Nanda showed a good quantity of alcohol in his blood.
“The test was conducted several hours after the accident took place. The test showed that 130 ml of alcohol was present per 100 ml blood of Nanda,” Mohan informed Additional Sessions Judge Vinod Kumar.
He added that the quantity of alcohol keeps on reducing 15 ml every hour, and according to this analysis the alcohol content in his blood may be around 200-230 ml at the time of the accident.
“The blood stains collected from the car steering and clothes were of B positive, which is also the blood group of Sanjeev Nanda. So, there is no doubt that he was driving the car on that fateful night,” said Mohan.
The defence will begin its final arguments July 18.
Sanjeev Nanda is alleged to have mowed down six people, including three policemen, with his BMW car Jan 10, 1999, on Lodhi Road.
Besides Nanda, four others were booked for culpable homicide not amounting to murder and destruction of evidence.
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay - Jan 11, 2012
- Supreme Court to hear police appeal in BMW hit-and-run case - Apr 12, 2010
- Sanjeev Nanda's sentence reduced in BMW hit-and-run case (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- BMW case: SC frees three convicted for proof tampering - Aug 01, 2012
- Apex court advises Nanda on courtship, wedlock - Apr 12, 2010
- Court to pronounce order Sep 2 in BMW hit-and-run - Aug 26, 2008
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- BMW hit-and-run case: HC to decide Sanjeev Nanda's fate today - Jul 20, 2009
- BMW hit-and-run case: Final arguments begin - Jul 01, 2008
- SC upholds R K Anand's conviction, clears I U Khan in BMW case - Jul 29, 2009
- Prosecution in BMW case stresses on witness's first statement - Jul 07, 2008
- Sanjeev Nanda found guilty in BMW hit-and-run case - Sep 02, 2008
- Sanjiv Nandas quantum of sentence today - Sep 03, 2008
- Delhi High Court grants interim bail to Sanjeev Nanda - Mar 06, 2009
- R.K. Anand offers apology - Jan 18, 2011