Probe ordered into Madhya Pradesh land scamMarch 3rd, 2008 - 9:50 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, March 3 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh government Monday constituted a high-level committee to probe an alleged multi-billion rupee land scam, seeking the investigation report by June 30, state Forest Minister Vijay Shah informed the assembly. According to Congress legislator Rajesh Patel, 3,200 hectares of land belonging to the forest department had been allotted to a religious trust in Harda district, 150 km south of here, 50 years ago on a 99-year lease.
The trust had allegedly encroached upon approximately 50,000 hectares of real estate in the vicinity, Patel said.
Government sources indicated that the real estate would be worth several billion rupees at today’s prices.
Interestingly, a few members from the treasury benches also seconded Patel’s demand.
“The committee would investigate as to whether tribal rights were violated when the lands were allotted to the said trust,” Shah said.
- Chinese firm revives plan for Iceland resort - May 08, 2012
- Commission pegs Goa mining scam at Rs 34,935 crore, BJP wants Kamat booked (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Congress accuses Gujarat minister of land scam - Apr 25, 2011
- Cancel land allotment to Baba Ramdev: Himachal Congress - Nov 03, 2011
- Himachal favouring business group, says Congress - Apr 04, 2011
- DLF barred from building homes near Rashtrapati Bhavan - Jun 03, 2011
- Goa PAC to probe illegal mining in forests - Aug 10, 2011
- What next for Bellary: Mother of all mining violations (Comment) - Apr 17, 2011
- What next for Bellary: Mother of all mining violations (Lead Comment, correcting name in para 15) - Apr 17, 2011
- Supreme Court pulls up committee on Karnataka mine report - May 06, 2011
- Yeddyurappa, kin get anticipatory bail in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Book Rajasthan minister in illegal mine lease case: Court - Sep 30, 2011
- Environment clearance of 93 Goa mines suspended (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Panel seeks report on illegal mining - Mar 25, 2011
- ACB seeks nod to probe Bhujbal for Maharashtra Sadan irregularities - Sep 13, 2012