Probe into passport on fake address to Hasan AliMarch 11th, 2011 - 2:25 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 11 (IANS) The Bihar Police will probe into a passport issued to Hasan Ali Khan, accused of stashing away billions of dollars abroad, from the regional passport office in Patna on a fake address, police said Friday.
Bihar Police chief Neelmani said it was a matter of investigation as to who issued the passport, who verified the address and how Khan managed to get it re-issued.
Neelmani said all aspects of this high-profile case would be looked into by the police.
“It is a matter of surprise that the address on which Hasan Ali Khan was issued passport in 1997 is of a general nature, with no specific details,” he said.
On Thursday, the case of a passport issued to Hasan on a fake address in Patna came to light.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Alok Kumar said a regional passport officer at Patna had lodged a first information report (FIR) Dec 19 last year against Khan for cheating and forgery for submission of fake residential proof while applying for a passport.
Khan, in his passport application, had given Pathantoli locality under Alamganj police station in Patna as his local address and Belsand village in Bihar’s Sitamarhi district as the permanent address, he said.
Khan is said to have stashed away $8 billion (Rs.36,000 crore) abroad and is allegedly India’s biggest tax defaulter.
- Bihar to probe how Hasan Ali got passport (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Two government officials shot dead in Bihar - Mar 02, 2012
- Take concrete steps against Hasan Ali: BJP - Mar 12, 2011
- Enforcement Directorate questions tax evader Hasan Ali Khan - Mar 07, 2011
- Polling for second phase of Bihar Assembly elections begins - Oct 24, 2010
- Puducherry lt. governor meets Chidambaram - Apr 28, 2011
- Hasan Ali chargesheeted by ED - May 06, 2011
- Hasan Ali Khan's custody extended by a day - Mar 10, 2011
- Supreme Court says government evasive on black money - Jul 04, 2011
- Government examining Hasan Ali's case: Mukherjee - Jan 25, 2011
- Bihar Assembly polls: Maoists raid polling centre in Sitamarhi - Oct 24, 2010
- Black money trail: Hasan Ali to appear before ED today - Mar 13, 2011
- Bihar MP gets Rs.50 lakh extortion demand - May 30, 2011
- Enforcement Directorate raids residence of Hasan Ali's accountant - Mar 23, 2011
- Probe if MCOCA can be slapped on Hasan Ali: Court - Oct 01, 2011
Tags: applying for a passport, bihar police, billions of dollars, crore, fake address, fir, forgery, hasan ali khan, high profile, information report, locality, march 11, passport application, patna, permanent address, police chief, police station, profile case, regional passport office, superintendent