Probe into Mumbai attacks will define India-Pakistan ties: SAFMAJanuary 31st, 2009 - 1:25 am ICT by IANS
Lahore, Jan 30 (IANS) The future of Pakistan-India relations depends on the investigation into the Mumbai attacks, a senior official of the South Asian Free Media Association (SAFMA) said here Friday.Imtiaz Alam, secretary general of SAFMA, said the objective of a Peace Mission’s visit to India was aimed at restoring the broken ties between the two neighbors.
Addressing a news conference, he said all organizations will have to work together to maintain peace in South Asian, Geo TV reported.
President of Human Rights Commission for South Asia, Asma Jehangir, said very few Indians were aware of the Talibanisation. “However, they are worried that if anything happens in Pakistan, it will have implications on India as well,” she said.
Ties between India and Pakistan have soured following the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, which India has blamed on “elements” in Pakistan. The strikes killed around 170 people, including 26 foreigners.
- SAFMA says Mumbai attacks probe to decide fate of Pak-India ties - Jan 30, 2009
- Indo-Pak peace activists meet at Attari to defuse tensions - Jan 12, 2009
- Pakistani group protests restriction on India tour - Mar 02, 2011
- India, Pakisan activists promote peace at Amritsar seminar - Jan 12, 2009
- Indian delegation in Pakistan to promote peace - Feb 23, 2009
- Pakistan peace mission arrives in India to ease bilateral tensions - Jan 22, 2009
- Better Pakistan-India ties vital for region, says China - Apr 09, 2012
- China welcomes India-Pakistan foreign ministers dialogue - Jul 15, 2010
- HRCP for greater people-to-people contact between India and Pakistan to establish peace - Jan 31, 2009
- Shunning 'anti-India sentiments' must for Pak to grow as a democracy: Pak historian - Aug 14, 2010
- Mumbai attack undermined peace efforts: Zardari - Nov 08, 2010
- Pakistan's bar association elects its first woman chief - Oct 28, 2010
- Delhi meet moots South Asian news agency to foster peace - Jan 12, 2010
- Pakistan should not cover-up its involvement in Mumbai attacks : Safma - Feb 04, 2009
- 'Manmohan must visit Pakistan' - Jul 17, 2012