Probe into Delhi businessman’s murder widenedApril 9th, 2008 - 10:45 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) Expanding the ambit of investigations into the killing of city-based businessman Arun Gupta, Delhi Police Wednesday quizzed his brothers-in-law and some women who allegedly had intimate ties with him. “We have quizzed Sneh and his brother Dinesh Mittal in the morning and some women, but no breakthrough has been reached,” said a senior police official.
“In our investigations, we have found Gupta had intimate relations with some women. His personal and family relations are under scrutiny,” he added.
Gupta, 47, was shot dead Monday morning by three unidentified motorcycle-riding assailants barely a few metres from his home in Kalkaji, south Delhi, while he was on his way to his electronic goods shop in Bhagirath Palace in Old Delhi.
The assailants waylaid Gupta’s WagonR car near a pastry shop flagging him to roll down his car window. As soon as he did so, one of the assailants got down from the bike and pumped two bullets in Gupta’s head, killing him.
Gupta’s wife Sadhna, after Arun Gupta’s gunning down, alleged her brothers Sneh and Dinesh Mittal could be behind the murder due to a property row.
“They had threatened to kill my husband over a property dispute and no one else could be behind the murder,” she said.
According to the police, after the death last year of Madan Lal Mittal, the father-in-law of Gupta, the Gupta family and the Mittals were not on good terms.
- Sketches of Delhi businessman's murder suspects released - Apr 10, 2008
- Woman detained in Delhi businessman's murder - Apr 09, 2008
- No headway in Delhi businessman's murder probe - Apr 08, 2008
- Delhi businessman shot dead, possibly over property - Apr 07, 2008
- Delhi businessman's murder solved: police - Apr 14, 2008
- Two brothers killed in Ghaziabad - May 10, 2012
- Police claim Delhi businessman's murder solved, questions remain - Apr 14, 2008
- Two murders in Delhi within 12 hours - Jul 27, 2012
- Two arrested for killing businessman - Jul 08, 2011
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Rs.55 lakh looted from liquor vend staff - Jan 03, 2011
- Four held for selling fake, dud medicines - Jun 15, 2011
- Migrant bunkers in the heart of Delhi (Feature, With Images) - Mar 10, 2011
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- Hyderabad builder arrested for cheating DLF - Jun 23, 2012