Probe Chidambaram’s role in 2G scam: BJPJuly 2nd, 2011 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 2 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) should probe the role of union Home Minister P. Chidambaram in the allotment of 2G telecom spectrum, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Yashwant Sinha said Saturday.
“There are many evidences that point fingers towards Chidambram’s role in 2G scam while he was holding the finance portfolio. This needs to be investigated by the CBI,” Yashwant Sinha told reporters here.
“The conversation between corporate lobbyist Niira Radia and (former telecommunications minister) A. Raja also indicated this,” the former finance minister said.
Sinha, who was in the Himachal Pradesh capital to inaugurate a two-day national executive meeting of the party’s Scheduled Castes wing, said the central government had failed on all fronts.
“The Reserve Bank of India is again and again hiking the interest rates to control inflation. This shows that central government has no control over inflation and has totally failed on economic front,” he added.
He said food inflation is the major issue facing the country and has triggered other problems as well.
On Lokpal bill, Yashwant Sinha said his personal view was that the office of the prime minister should come under the purview of the bill.
- CBI again questions Niira Radia in 2G scam - Jan 25, 2011
- 2G: Raja shares information on Kalaignar TV - Dec 21, 2011
- CBI team at Radia's residence for questioning - Dec 21, 2010
- Court gives applicant time to bring documents in 2G case - May 02, 2011
- Punish all 2G scam culprits, demands CPI-M - Apr 15, 2011
- If I committed crime, so did Tatas: Chandolia - Jul 29, 2011
- BJP pulls up Mamata Banerjee over Arunima Sinha incident - Apr 15, 2011
- Radia quizzed by CBI (Lead) - Dec 21, 2010
- CBI arrests A. Raja (Timeline) - Feb 02, 2011
- I don't know Niira Radia: Koda - Dec 16, 2010
- Pawar rubbishes Radia's claim as 'absolute lie'(Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- Apex court to monitor expanded CBI probe into spectrum scam (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2010
- Radia quizzed by CBI, Raja next (Second Lead) - Dec 21, 2010
- Home Secretary Pillai says 'I have not seen Niira Radia's tapes' - Dec 11, 2010
- Pawar dismisses Radia claims, BJP wants issue probed (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: bank of india, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central government, corporate lobbyist, economic front, evidences, executive meeting, finance minister, finance portfolio, himachal pradesh, office of the prime minister, p chidambaram, personal view, point fingers, purview, reserve bank of india, shimla, union home minister, yashwant sinha