Priyanka’s tryst with Hollywood stars Melanie, AntonioOctober 17th, 2008 - 3:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 17 (IANS) Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra bonded well with Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas at the Middle East International Film Festival in Dubai and apparently Spanish star Banderas expressed a wish to work with her. The ongoing festival started Oct 10 and on the opening night Priyanka first met “When Harry Met Sally” star Meg Ryan. At the opening ceremony, Priyanka shared a good two hours with Hollywood’s hot couple Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas.
“What you’ve heard is right. I did spend come time chatting with Antonio and his wife Melanie. We sat together at the opening. Antonio was extremely charming. He was familiar with the Bollywood film industry and the financial leaps it has made in recent years,” Priyanka told IANS.
Banderas spoke to Priyanka about the possibilities of a tie-up, but the actress didn’t comment on this.
When asked if she was going international, Priyanka said: “The language doesn’t matter. It could be Hindi, English or Punjabi, it’s all the same to me.”
Priyanka’s much-publicised movie “Fashion” was supposed to premiere at the film festival.
“And that’s how I found myself there. ‘Fashion’ was supposed to be shown at the opening night of the festival. But the post-production wasn’t done. They still invited me. I was very happy to represent Bollywood.
“I was in Abu Dhabi for just half a day. I went in the afternoon and returned to India late night, to Delhi for another event next morning. There’s too much going in my life: the dubbing of ‘Fashion’, promotion of ‘Fashion’ and ‘Dostana’ and my new film ‘What’s Your Raashee’ is starting.”
Priyanka says when she walked into the posh Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi, she was like, “Wow this is meant for a holiday not work!”
“For the first time I craved for a holiday. But I don’t need to combine work with pleasure. Because my work is my pleasure. The opening ceremony then the after-party at Abu Dhabi and I left at 1 a.m.
“I can’t even afford to be jet lagged. I enjoy the rush, but I realised my body needs rest. I am petrified about not fulfilling my commitments. So far so good. I just need a holiday after ‘Fashion’ and ‘Dostana’ are released.”
- Antonio Banderas happy with ageing - Oct 17, 2011
- Melanie Griffith recovers from drug addiction - Aug 01, 2011
- Antonio Banderas still fuming over wife-abuse rumour - Apr 22, 2010
- Trailer for Antonio Banderas film appears on web - May 09, 2011
- Melanie Griffith checks into rehab for 'health' - Aug 25, 2009
- Banderas cool with teenage daughter dating - May 17, 2010
- Antonio Banderas leads religious procession - Apr 18, 2011
- Hollywood stars Hayek, Banderas shatter stereotypes - Oct 28, 2011
- Antonio Banderas is a lucky man - Apr 25, 2010
- No Bollywood plans as yet: Vasuki Sunkavalli (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- Regional cinema doesn't get media attention: Award-winning Punjabi director (With Images) - Aug 11, 2012
- Melanie Griffith uses Antonio Banderas' cologne - May 13, 2010
- Priyanka finds Jhilmil endearing - Jul 03, 2012
- Priyanka hungry for more meaty roles - Apr 11, 2012
- No time to enjoy the success, says busy Priyanka - Dec 26, 2011