Priyanka plays 12 roles, dances for 22 hoursFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 9:58 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 3 (IANS) Not only is Priyanka Chopra playing as many as 12 different characters in Ashutosh Gowariker’s “What’s Your Raashee?”, she has also stunned everybody by dancing non-stop for 22 hours for a special song in the movie.Under the choreographic supervision of Raju Khan, Priyanka performed to a song that required her to bring all the 12 characters together in all their varying moods and personalities.
“Priyanka shot with Raju Khan (who is Saroj Khan’s son) for 22 hours at a stretch. At times she couldn’t sit or take a breather for hours at a stretch. It was very important to get the continuity right. Otherwise the characters’ graph would’ve become lopsided. To dance and emote to a song in 12 different looks and make-up all at once is not an easy thing,” said a source close to the film.
Though Priyanka isn’t allowed to speak about it, it was a challenge that required her to swing from mood to mood at the drop of a beat.
Apparently Priyanka wasn’t allowed breaks between shots, as this would have broken the rhythm of the 12 characters as captured in one line of vision. Each of the characters represents a different star sign of the zodiac.
The film also stars Priyanka’s ex-beau Hurman S. Baweja. Although Priyanka and Hurman broke up after the disastrous “Love Story 2050″, onlookers say the two are so compatible off and on screen that it’s impossible to tell the status of their personal equation.
“They’re laughing and joking on the sets even when they aren’t facing the camera. In fact, Hurman was there to support her when she did the tough 12-avatar dance act,” a source said.
Priyanka’s unique role, which can only be compared to Sanjeev Kumar’s nine avatars in “Naya Din Nayi Raat” could well have been Kareena Kapoor’s, if she hadn’t turned it down.
“Yes, it was offered to me and Shahid Kapur. I’d have loved to do another film with Shahid. But the dates were clashing with Karan’s film that Rensil d’Silva is directing with me and Saif,” Kareena told IANS.
The actress, who broke up with Shahid while shooting for “Jab We Met”, is currently dating Bollywood star Saif Ali Khan.
“We’re professionals, all of us. Even if I’m working in a film with Saif in place of a film with Shahid, we’re thorough professionals. There’s no time to party or go out or do any of the fun things. We shot in a tube station in Philadelphia in below-freezing temperatures and we need to cover as much work as possible in limited time,” Kareena said.
- Saif an incredible actor: Priyanka Chopra - Mar 23, 2012
- No more action films, vows Kareena Kapoor - Feb 07, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod': Bollywood espionage genre comes of age (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 24, 2012
- Saif and I are together: Kareena Kapoor - Jul 12, 2011
- Bollywood, Katy Perry open IPL-V (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2012
- Salman, Katrina team up for 'Bodyguard' item song - Jul 26, 2011
- I am ready for marriage: Priyanka Chopra - Sep 14, 2012
- Zindagi Na, Rockstar dominate IIFA awards - Jun 10, 2012
- Priyanka plays happy actress in Kunal Kohli's film - Dec 31, 2011
- Will Saif's item number overshadow Kareena's 'mujra' - Mar 17, 2012
- I should be Begum of Pataudi by 2012 end: Kareena - Mar 16, 2012
- Go 'talli', go 'tunn' on Bollywood tunes - Jan 03, 2012
- Kareena happy for Salman's success (Movie Snippets) - Sep 10, 2012
- 'Agent Vinod' complete, release date final, says director - Jan 04, 2012
- Kareena looks good only with me: Saif - Jan 25, 2012