Prisoner killed in attack in Hyderabad jailJuly 4th, 2012 - 2:18 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, July 4 (IANS) A prisoner died and four others were injured Wednesday morning in an attack by another prisoner in Cherlapally Central Jail on the outskirts of Hyderabad, police said.
The assaulter, identified as Narasimham, attacked fellow prisoners with a pair of scissors, injuring five people. A 60-year-old man later died form his injuries at the Gandhi Hospital.
The condition of two others is stated to be critical. The reason for the prisoner’s attack was not immediately known.
Taking serious note of the incident, Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy ordered suspension of two jail warders. She also announced a probe into the incident.
Deputy Inspector General of Police (Prisons) G. Jayavardhan will conduct the investigation.
- Prisoners in Andhra jails to get phone facility - Feb 11, 2011
- 12 prisoners booked for attack on Hyderabad jail officials - Feb 01, 2011
- Andhra textiles minister attacked, blames home minister - Dec 20, 2011
- Curfew continues in riot-hit old Hyderabad (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Punjab jail riot leaves one dead - Nov 21, 2011
- Andhra gives nod for India's first BPO in jail - Jun 23, 2010
- Andhra anti-terror force Octopus gets its headquarters - Aug 13, 2012
- Clashes over desecration of Ambedkar statues - Jan 23, 2012
- Congress leader for legal aid to jailed former minister - Jul 08, 2012
- Blast at Congress MP's resort near Hyderabad - May 29, 2012
- Life term for eight in Andhra ex-minister's murder - Aug 25, 2011
- Andhra minister complains to President against colleague - Jan 03, 2012
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi attacked, Hyderabad tense (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Court to hear Andhra minister's graft charges against colleagues - Sep 27, 2011
- CBI summons another Andhra minister in Jagan case - Jun 05, 2012