Printing press owner gets bail in DDA housing scamFebruary 6th, 2009 - 11:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 6 (IANS) A city court Friday granted bail to a man whose printing press was allegedly used to prepare forged documents for the fraudulent Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flat allotment.The court allowed the bail plea of Satbir Singh, a printing press owner who was arrested Jan 23, on a personal and surety bond of Rs.30,000 each. The investigation in the case could be conducted without keeping him in custody, the court said.
“Having gone through the disclosure of accused Dinesh, where he alleges that he knew the printing press of the applicant from before and he went and got prepared the alleged forged election identity card, they are insufficient at this stage to further detain the accused in judicial custody,” Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Digvinay Singh said.
“In view of the nature of evidence collected by the investigating officer, till date, at this stage, it is difficult to say that accused is involved in this conspiracy,” the court said.
According to the prosecution, Singh’s printing press in Bahadurgarh was allegedly used by co-accused Dinesh to prepare a fake I-card to open an account with the Punjab and Sindh Bank in the name of Rajiv.
Under the DDA housing scheme of 2008, 5,238 flats were allotted to applicants chosen from among more than 500,000 of them. The draw of lots was held Dec 16, but soon there were allegations that it was rigged.
The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police is probing a complaint that a cartel of property dealers was trying to corner DDA flats reserved for the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes applicants.
- Key DDA scam financier remanded to police custody (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- Delhi Police make sixth arrest in DDA housing scam - Jan 23, 2009
- Real estate agent held in DDA scam - May 21, 2009
- DDA may begin flat allotment process next month - Aug 27, 2009
- DDA given clean chit in housing scam - Aug 10, 2009
- Key financer held in DDA scam - Apr 28, 2009
- Four DDA scam accused sent to jail - Jan 31, 2009
- Police arrest mall owner in DDA housing scandal (Lead) - Apr 28, 2009
- Police arrest mall cashier in DDA housing scandal (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2009
- Court gives green signal to DDA to allot flats - Nov 06, 2009
- Delhi Police file chargesheet in DDA housing scam - Apr 08, 2009
- DDA to allot flats in November after clean chit in scam - Oct 29, 2009
- All DDA allottees asked to file details as police probe scam - Jan 21, 2009
- Adarsh scam: Court rejects bail plea of accused (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- DDA scam accused sent to jail - Jan 17, 2009