Principal booked for selling text-books as scrapDecember 31st, 2010 - 12:09 am ICT by IANS
Mirzapur (Uttar Pradesh), Dec 30 (IANS) A principal of a government school and another official were Thursday booked in this Uttar Pradesh district for selling as scrap textbooks that were meant to be distributed free to the students, police said.Ram Prasad Yadav, principal of the Tenduri Primary School and Munshilal, a Nyay Panchayat resource co-ordinator were caught Thursday selling around eight sacks of textbooks meant for the students of Class 1-Class 5.
“On the information given by the locals, the two were nabbed red-handed selling the text books that were to be distributed under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA),” Senior Sub-Inspector Rajaram told reporters in Mirzapur, some 250-km from Lucknow.
The SSA is aimed to provide elementary education to all children in the age group 6 to 14 years
“The case against the two was registered following the directions of the officials of the education department,” the police official added.
The two have been booked under multiple sections of the Indian Penal Code, including 409 (breach of trust by public servant), and 389 (committing extortion).
- Tripura not to follow new education policy yet - Jan 17, 2011
- Over 17 percent hike in education budget (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Over 21 percent hike in RTE funds - Mar 16, 2012
- 18,000 free textbooks seized in Bangladesh - Nov 15, 2011
- Three quintal textbooks end up as scrap in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 18, 2009
- J-K Education Department conducts workshop for teachers - Dec 29, 2010
- Controversy over dress circular to Kerala teachers - Jul 03, 2012
- Teachers in Madhya Pradesh sell textbooks as scrap, suspended - Jan 19, 2009
- Sepahipara village in Tripura benefits from peace - Sep 16, 2010
- Textbooks printed in India cost less: Bangladeshi official - Dec 25, 2010
- School for inmates' kids launched in Ghaziabad jail - Oct 05, 2009
- Declining insurgency fosters development in rural areas of Nagaland - Sep 16, 2010
- Right to education to extend to secondary schools - Aug 12, 2011
- Sarva Shikha Abhiyan main vehicle for education: Sibal - Dec 03, 2010
- More money for setting up new IIMs, IIITs, - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: age group, breach of trust, co ordinator, education department, elementary education, extortion, government school, indian penal code, locals, police official, public servant, rajaram, ram prasad, resource co, sacks, shiksha, ssa, text books, textbooks, uttar pradesh