Prince Andrew to visit naval command, Ambani schoolApril 30th, 2012 - 11:32 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 30 (IANS) Corporate, defence and academic engagements will mark Prince Andrew’s daylong visit to Mumbai this week as part of Queen Elizabeth II’s diamond jubilee celebrations, an official said here Monday.
Prince Andrew will arrive here Wednesday and meet corporate head honchos demonstrating the importance of the Britain attaches to its relationship with India.
He will visit the Western Naval Command in south Mumbai and the elite Dhirubhai Ambani International School in suburban Bandra-Kurla Complex.
“The scope of the visit underlines the depth and breadth of the cooperation between our two countries. It will incorporate a wide range of themes, from inclusive development and defence ties to the growing business relationship,” the official said.
Prince Andrew will arrive in New Delhi Monday as part of a weeklong visit to India.
He will travel to Kohima to visit the Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery, the first-ever by a member of British royalty to the historic site.
In Kolkata, he will visit a child-care home and vocational education centre run by the Women’s Interlink Foundation.
Moving south to Chennai, he will visit the Officers’ Training Avademy, lay a wreath at the Madras War Grave and join a special Thanksgiving and Commemoration Service at St. Mary’s Church in Fort St. George.
He will then go to Bangalore to visit the Infosys and Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
- Britain's Prince Andrew to visit Kohima May 1 - Apr 25, 2012
- Anna Hazare arrives at MMRDA ground in Mumbai - Dec 27, 2011
- Willing to die for country: Anna Hazare - Dec 27, 2011
- New US consulate building in Mumbai uses green technology - Nov 30, 2011
- Anna's cartoonist supporter sent to police custody - Sep 09, 2012
- Fire at Mumbai commercial complex - Sep 07, 2012
- Mumbai to get more air-conditioned buses - Jun 01, 2012
- Hazare fast pulls crowds (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Hazare greeted with black flags ahead of protest - Dec 27, 2011
- Hazare's fast: Team Anna ready to tackle health emergency - Dec 27, 2011
- From Dipu Moni to Clinton, Kolkata geared up for VVIP visits - Apr 29, 2012
- Shiv Sena indestructible, says Bal Thackeray - Feb 14, 2012
- 'Anna ki Rasoi': Free food for all at MMRDA ground - Dec 27, 2011
- Team Anna calls off 'jail bharo' agitation (Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- A requiem for dead at Himachal's cemeteries (With Image) - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: bandra, british royalty, business relationship, commemoration service, commonwealth war graves, defence ties, diamond jubilee, education centre, graves cemetery, head honchos, hindustan aeronautics ltd, interlink, jubilee celebrations, naval command, prince andrew, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, south mumbai, war grave, weeklong visit