Prime witness in British teenager’s murder to deposeMarch 17th, 2008 - 4:05 pm ICT by admin
Panaji, March 17 (IANS) Michael Manyon, a British national who is a prime witness in the murder of British teenager Scarlette Keeling, has arrived in Goa to depose before a court. “Manyon arrived here Sunday night and will give his deposition before a sub-divisional magistrate Monday,” Inspector General of Goa police Kishen Kumar told IANS.
Manyon had left the country three days after the 15-year-old’s semi-nude body was found on a beach in Goa. He then approached the British High Commission claiming he had vital information about the case.
He, however, refused to depose before the police claiming his life would be in danger if he did so. The Goa police then issued a lookout notice for Manyon and also assured him that he would be provided with security if he deposed.
Kumar added that Manyon’s deposition would help tie up all loose ends of the investigation as he was among the people who were present in a shack where Scarlette partied on the night of her death.
On Monday, Manyon in an interview to a news channel reiterated his earlier claim that he saw Scarlette and a man in a compromising position outside the shack on the beach.
Two bartenders - Samson D’Souza and Placido Carvalho - have been arrested and charged with drugging, raping and murdering Scarlette.
- 'Night before death Scarlett was singing, talking about stars' - Jul 29, 2010
- Scarlett's mother to depose in Goa court July 30 - Jul 26, 2010
- Spanish friend to depose in Scarlett rape case - Apr 02, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's killers 'gave her drugs', claims her mother - Aug 03, 2010
- Scarlett's diary crucial pages missing: Defence lawyer - Aug 27, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- Fiona likely to depose in court in Scarlett trial: Lawyer - Apr 14, 2010
- Fiona can depose via video conference in Scarlett case: CBI - Apr 05, 2010
- Fiona deposes in Goa court; says police suppressed facts - Jul 30, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling murder retold on 'Anjuna Beach' - Jul 02, 2011
- Murdered Scarlett Keeling's mum to appear at the trial of accused - Jul 30, 2010
- 'Scarlett threatened by local few weeks before death' - Jul 28, 2010
- 'Probe Goa home minister's son in Scarlett case' (Lead) - Jul 29, 2010
- Goa home minister, son linked to drug mafia: Scarlett's mother - Aug 02, 2010
- Scarlett's body had froth at mouth, says cop - Apr 05, 2010