Prime Minister returns to IndiaOctober 1st, 2008 - 11:27 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday returned home after a 10-day visit to the US and France, during which New Delhi and Paris signed a civil nuclear cooperation pact, and the nuclear deal with the US came close to fruition.Manmohan Singh also addressed the UN General Assembly in New York last Friday and exhorted the world leaders to address global problems ranging from terrorism and international financial crisis to climate change and food and energy security. He held talks with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao on the sidelines of the UN meet.
In Washington, the prime minister held talks with US President George W. Bush on a wide range of bilateral and global issues. Bush assured Manmohan Singh that his administration is trying to wrap up the India-US nuclear deal as quickly as possible.
Minutes before Manmohan Singh left New York for France Saturday, the US House of Representatives approved the 123 Agreement, setting the stage for a consideration by the Senate.
On Monday, Manmohan Singh participated in the 9th India-European Union Summit in the French city of Marseilles. India and France signed a civil nuclear cooperation pact Tuesday, which made France the first country to sign such a pact with New Delhi after the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) lifted its decades old embargo against India.
- India, France to discuss eurozone crisis, AfPak, n-deal - Oct 19, 2011
- India, France ink pact for 2 n-reactors, Mirage deal finalised (Roundup) - Dec 06, 2010
- Japan PM hints at revival of n-deal talks (Lead) (With images) - Dec 28, 2011
- India, Japan to talk n-deal talks, currency swap (Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Britain to ease nuclear trade with India - Jul 28, 2010
- Russia to build more reactors, sign 5th generation jet deal (Roundup) - Dec 17, 2010
- India, France in pact for two n-reactors, unite against terror (Second Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- India, Germany ink 4 pacts, to push UN reforms - May 31, 2011
- Indian, Russian companies ink lucrative deals, target $20 bn trade (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- India, Russia to sign fifth generation fighter jet deal - Dec 17, 2010
- PM hosts lunch for Bush, thanks him for nuclear deal - Oct 30, 2009
- Prime minister leaves for New York - Sep 22, 2008
- India hopes for win-win nuclear accord with Japan - Aug 20, 2010
- Russia asks Pakistan to push 26/11 probe, backs India for UNSC, NSG (Second Lead) - Dec 21, 2010
- Japanese PM welcomes progress in n-talks (With images) - Dec 28, 2011