PriceWaterhouse suspends Satyam-linked duoJanuary 27th, 2009 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 27 (IANS) PriceWaterhouse has suspended two of its employees for their alleged involvement in the fraud at Satyam Computer Services, the Indian arm of the global auditing firm said Tuesday.”In light of recent allegations, chief relationship partner S. Gopalakrishnan and engagement leader Srinivas Talluri have been suspended, pending completion of investigations into the Satyam matter,” the company said in a statement here.
PriceWaterhouse is the Indian arm of the US-based PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
While the duo remains suspended, neither will play any part in client matters. They will also undertake no activities on behalf of the Indian arm.
“The two staffers have been advised to cooperate with the ongoing inquiries regarding Satyam. As investigations proceed, we will continue to evaluate the situation,” the statement noted.
Gopalkrishnan and Talluri were arrested Jan 23 by the Crime Investigation Department (CID) of the Andhra Pradesh police for their alleged role in the Rs.70-billion (Rs.7,000/$1.43 billion) Satyam fraud under section 120b (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
A city court Jan 24 remanded the two to judicial custody till Feb 6.
The CID Jan 13 raided the Hyderabad office of PriceWaterhouse and seized several documents and records relating to Satyam accounts.
- Andhra police get custody of two Satyam auditors - Feb 03, 2009
- CID to grill former Satyam auditors (Lead) - Feb 03, 2009
- Satyam, PWC units to pay penalties for accounting frauds - Apr 06, 2011
- PricewaterhouseCoopers launches new branding initiative - Sep 21, 2010
- Two Price Waterhouse partners arrested for Satyam fraud (Lead) - Jan 24, 2009
- Satyam's Ramalinga Raju, two others get bail - Nov 04, 2011
- Gopalakrishna Raju sent to police custody for two days - Jan 29, 2009
- Raju, others denied bail in Satyam scam - Aug 04, 2011
- Pricewaterhouse names three members of advisory board - Apr 22, 2009
- Satyam scam accused allowed to use computer in jail - Jun 25, 2010
- Post-Satyamgate, PWC-India to set up advisory board - Mar 05, 2009
- Five accused in Satyam scam get bail (Lead) - Jul 20, 2010
- Apex court grants bail to Satyam scam auditor - Feb 04, 2010
- Satyam case: Supreme Court grants bail to five - Oct 13, 2011
- $10m US settlement in firm's interest, says Mahindra Satyam - Apr 06, 2011