Pressmart to provide news on Motorola phonesFebruary 24th, 2009 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Feb 24 (IANS) Motorola India and the city-based digital publisher Pressmart Media Ltd Tuesday announced that the live news-on-the-mobile service would now be available on Motorola phones in the country.
The service would be available on MOTO VE66, MOTOSURF A3000 and MOTOROKR EM35 phones, slated for distribution in India.
By selecting the “WAP link ‘Daily News’ on their Motorola phones, consumers can receive free news content and access their favourite newspapers while on the move”, said a statement by Pressmart here.
Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) is a technology that enables access to internet from a mobile phone.
News-on-the-mobile is designed specifically for the mobile phone screen for optimum viewing experience. A GPRS connection is required to access the free news content.
“We are delighted to bring the unique news-on-the-mobile service to the information-seeking Indian for whom news is an integral part of everyday life,” said Faisal Siddiqui, head of India Operations, Motorola Mobile Devices.
Added Sanjiv Gupta, executive chairman of Pressmart: “As the mobile Internet usage increases and handsets become more capable, users’ appetite for content is rising sharply.”
- S Tel launches WAP-enabled services in Himachal - Nov 01, 2010
- Motorola launches two dual SIM handsets - Sep 30, 2010
- 141 mn people to use mobiles for payments: Gartner - Jul 21, 2011
- Free ad service on voice calls unveiled in Karnataka - Jul 01, 2011
- Agra based firm launches free astrology software for mobiles - Dec 30, 2009
- Pressmart launches tablet-based education solution - Jul 02, 2012
- Unlimited Music Download-Free Of Cost - Jun 12, 2010
- Google to cut 4,000 jobs at Motorola Mobility - Aug 14, 2012
- Now, read comics on your mobile phone - Jul 02, 2010
- Stringent mobile radiation norms from Saturday - Aug 31, 2012
- Droid Bionic From Motorola Shown At CES 2011 - Jan 06, 2011
- Get live news on your mobile as you get on TV - Nov 03, 2009
- Motorola launches seven mobile models - Oct 07, 2009
- Motorola Android Handsets To Come Loaded With Bing In China - Mar 14, 2010
- Google buys Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion - Aug 16, 2011