President, vice president greet nation on spring new yearMarch 15th, 2010 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 15 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil and Vice President Hamid Ansari Monday greeted the nation on the occasion of spring new year, to be celebrated Tuesday under different names in various parts of the country.
“On the auspicious occasion of Chaitra Sukladi, Ugadi, Gudi Padava, Cheti Chand, Navreh and Sajibu Cheiraoba, I send my greetings and good wishes to all my fellow citizens,” the president said in a statement.
“May these festivals bring peace, happiness and prosperity to all our people and promote oneness and harmony in society,” she added.
Vice President Hamid Ansari also wished the nation on the occasion.
In a statement, he said: “My warm greetings and good wishes to the people of our country on the auspicious occasion of Ugadi, Gudi Padava, Chaitra Sukhladi and Cheti Chand.”
“Celebrated in unique ways in different parts of the country, these festivals herald the beginning of the new year. The rituals and the festivities associated with these occasions reflect our rich and diverse culture and promote social harmony and unity,” he added.
The festivals, called Navreh in Kashmir, Ugadi in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, Gudi Padava in Maharashtra, Cheti Chand by the Sindhi community, signify the advent of spring and fall on the first day of the month of Chaitra according to the Hindu calendar.
- President greets nation on spring New Year - Mar 22, 2012
- President greets people on Gudi Padwa, Navreh - Apr 03, 2011
- PM, president greets nation on spring New Year (Lead) - Mar 15, 2010
- President, PM greet India on Ugadi, Gudi Padava, Chetti Chand, Chaitra Sukladi - Apr 04, 2011
- Vice President greets nation on Ugadi, Gudi Padava - Mar 26, 2009
- President, PM greet nation on Ugadi, Gudi Padava - Mar 26, 2009
- Maharashtra celebrates Gudi Padwa - Mar 23, 2012
- President Patil, PM greet nation on Chaitra Sukladi, Gudi Padava, Ugadi, Cheti Chand, Navreh - Apr 06, 2008
- President, vice president greet nation on Holi - Mar 18, 2011
- President, Vice President greet nation ahead of Holi - Mar 18, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Janmashtami - Aug 09, 2012
- Vice President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 12, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 12, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Onam - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh, auspicious occasion, cheti chand, festivities, gudi padava, hamid ansari, hindu calendar, karnataka, kashmir, New Delhi, oneness, president pratibha patil, president vice, prosperity, rituals, sindhi community, social harmony, spring and fall, ugadi, warm greetings