President, vice-president greet nation on BaisakhiApril 13th, 2010 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 13 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil Tuesday greeted the nation on the auspicious occasion of Baisakhi, Vishu and Bihu — festivals that are celebrated in different parts of the country to mark the advent of the new year.
In her message, she said: “May these joyous festivals celebrated in different parts of the country marking the advent of the new year, inspire us to strive for peace, harmony and amity and work for the unity and progress of our country.”
She also wished people on the harvest festival of Baisakhi, which is being celebrated in northern India, especially Punjab, Tuesday.
“On the joyous occasion of Baisakhi, I extend my greetings and good wishes to all my people, particularly to all those engaged in cultivation. May this harvest festival be a celebration of the diligence of our farming community,” she added.
While Baisakhi is celebrated in northern India, Vishu is celebrated in Kerala, Bihu in Assam and Mesadi and Puthandu in Tamil Nadu. All these festivals will be celebrated Wednesday.
Vice-President Hamid Ansari also greeted the people.
In his message, the vice-president said that the rituals and the colourful festivities of these festivals inspire us to transcend all barriers and unite us in common brotherhood.
“I extend my warm greetings and good wishes to the people of our country on the joyous and auspicious occasion of Baisakhi, Mesadi, Bihu and Vishu,” he added.
“Celebrated with a mood to rejoice and gaiety in various parts of the country, these festivals mark the beginning of the new year. May these festivals promote the spirit of amity among us all,” he said.
- President, PM greet nation on Baisakhi (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on harvest festivals (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- PM greets nation on Baisakhi, Vishu and Bihu - Apr 12, 2012
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Vishu, Rongali Bihu - Apr 13, 2011
- PM greets nation on Vaisakhi, Bihu - Apr 13, 2011
- Vice President greets nation ahead of Baisakhi - Apr 13, 2010
- President greets nation on Onam - Aug 28, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Janmashtami - Aug 09, 2012
- India celebrates four festivals - Apr 14, 2009
- Assamese community celebrates Bihu in Delhi - Apr 14, 2010
- President greets nation ahead of Bihu, Naba Barsh and Vishu - Apr 13, 2009
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- President, Vice President greet nation on Makara Sankranti, Pongal - Jan 13, 2011
- President Patil, Vice President Ansari greet people on Id-ul-Fitr - Sep 10, 2010
- President Mukherjee greets nation on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
Tags: advent, amity, assam, auspicious occasion, baisakhi, bihu, brotherhood, farming community, festivities, gaiety, hamid ansari, harvest festival, joyous occasion, New Delhi, northern india, president pratibha patil, president vice, rituals, vishu, warm greetings