President to review Indian Navy fleet next monthNovember 22nd, 2011 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 22 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil, the supreme commander of the armed forces, will review Indian Navy’s fleet in the Arabian Sea off Mumbai Dec 20, when the country’s maritime might represented by 100 warships will be on display, an officer said here Tuesday.
Among the major warships to participate in the fleet review will be India’s lone aircraft carrier, INS Viraat.
The review, which is conducted once during a president’s tenure, will have “indigenous capability” as it theme and will witness participation of the latest domestically-built stealth frigates, INS Shivalik and INS Satpura.
Among other Indian naval warships will be all the Delhi class destroyers and Brahmaputra class frigates.
“There will be a total of 60 naval ships and another 40 coast guard ships, apart from four merchant vessels, and a cadet training ship in the fleet review, when the warships will salute the country’s supreme commander of the armed forces,” the officer said.
The last review was in 2006, when A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was the president.
The review will be the 10th since India’s independence.
- President to review Indian Navy fleet December 20 - Jun 07, 2011
- President reviews naval fleet (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Show of might at president's naval fleet review Dec 20 - Dec 15, 2011
- President Patil reviews naval fleet - Dec 20, 2011
- India's third indigenous stealth frigate commissioning July 21 - Jun 25, 2012
- India launches second home-built stealth warship (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- India, Turkey navy wargames begin Sunday - Jul 07, 2011
- Antony to commission Indian-built warship Saturday - Jul 20, 2012
- India inducts third indigenous stealth frigate (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- India's first indigenous warship commissioned - Apr 29, 2010
- Navy to get second indigenous stealth frigate - Jul 27, 2011
- Antony witnesses Indian Navy's battle readiness exercise - Feb 08, 2012
- Indian warships wrap up China visit - Jun 19, 2012
- India inducts third indigenous stealth frigate - Jul 21, 2012
- Largest stealth frigate in world commissioned in Indian Navy - Apr 29, 2010
Tags: abdul kalam, aircraft carrier, arabian sea, brahmaputra, cadet training, class destroyers, class frigates, coast guard ships, indian navy, indigenous capability, ins shivalik, merchant vessels, mumbai, naval ships, naval warships, navy fleet, New Delhi, president pratibha patil, supreme commander, training ship