President to present national tourism awardsFebruary 27th, 2012 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 27 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil will Wednesday give away national tourism awards to various segments of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry, officials said Monday.
The tourism industry this year has introduced three new categories of awards - “The Best State: Campaign Clean India”, “Best Heritage City” and “Best Heritage Walk”.
The awards are presented to state governments, union territories, classified hotels, heritage hotels, approved travel agents, tour operators and tourist transport operators, as well as individuals and other private organisations in recognition of their performance in their respective fields and also to encourage healthy competition with an aim to promote tourism.
- Madhya Pradesh bags best tourism award - Feb 29, 2012
- Good taxi drivers key to tourism, says study (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Train taxi drivers to boost tourism: Study - Jun 24, 2012
- Kerala Tourism sweeps PATA travel awards - Feb 04, 2011
- Hyderabad international airport bags award - Feb 29, 2012
- Major push to tourism planned - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Falling rupee making India more attractive to tourists' - Jul 14, 2012
- Lifetime achievement travel award for Jet Airways chairman - Aug 07, 2010
- Kerala Tourism tapping more domestic market - Sep 09, 2010
- India needs to streamline visa, infrastructure to tap tourism potential: Experts - Feb 12, 2012
- Sun shines on Goa's tourism industry amidst monsoon rage (Business Feature) - Jun 26, 2012
- Custom made in India - holidays for LGBTs - Nov 28, 2011
- Etihad Airways bags best airline award - Jan 13, 2012
- Heritage tag for more Bengal monuments, buildings: Minister - Jul 01, 2011
- Fully booked: Puja high for Bengal tourism - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: aim, heritage city, hospitality industry, India, industry officials, national tourism, New Delhi, president pratibha patil, private organisations, segments, state campaign, state governments, tour operators, tourism awards, tourism industry, tourist transport, transport operators, travel agents, travel tourism, union territories