President, PM, Sonia greet nation on EidNovember 6th, 2011 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 6 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil, Vice President Hamid Ansari, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi Sunday greeted the nation on the eve of Eid-ul-Zuha, saying the ocassion rekindles faith in the ideals of peace and celebrates the spirit of giving and sacrifice.
In her message, Patil said: “I express my warm greetings and best wishes to all my fellow citizens and to my Muslim brothers and sisters, in particular.”
“May this unique festival strengthen the foundations of our national unity and harmony and inspire us to work for the well-being of human beings,” she added.
Ansari said the occasion highlights the virtues of sacrifice and inspires mankind for inculcating the spirit of compassion and love towards the downtrodden.
“May the spirit of this occasion bring harmony, peace and happiness in our lives,” he said.
The prime minister said Eid-ul-Zuha celebrates the spirit of giving and sacrifice. “It is an occasion to reaffirm our commitment to work for the welfare of those who are less privileged. May Eid-ul-Zuha bring peace, prosperity and joy for everyone,” he said.
Greeting the country on the ocassion, Gandhi said it symbolizes the great sacrifice of sthe Prophet Ibrahim .
“The occasion rekindles our faith in the ideals of peace and service of humanity,” she said.
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- President, Vice President greet nation ahead of Id-ul-Zuha - Nov 27, 2009
- Eid-ul-Zuha celebrated with fervour in Lucknow - Nov 07, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani greet nation on Eid-ul-Zuha - Nov 07, 2011
- Id-ul Zuha celebrated across India today - Nov 17, 2010
- Eid-ul-Zuha is about the spirit of sacrifice (Comment) - Nov 07, 2011
- President, PM, vice president greet nation on Christmas (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Prime Minister greets nation on Eid - Aug 30, 2011
- Kerala Muslims celebrate Eid - Nov 07, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- Praying, feeding poor, Lucknow Muslims mark Eid-ul-Azha - Nov 17, 2010
- Prayers, sacrifice on Eid-ul-Zuha in Andhra Pradesh - Nov 07, 2011
- President, vice-president greet nation on Bakr Eid - Nov 27, 2009
- Vice President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: brothers and sisters, congress president sonia gandhi, eid, hamid ansari, harmony peace, human beings, manmohan, manmohan singh, muslim brothers, national unity, New Delhi, peace and happiness, president pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, prophet ibrahim, sacrifice, unity and harmony, virtues, warm greetings