President Patil to visit Visva Bharati TuesdayNovember 28th, 2011 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 28 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil, who arrived in Kolkata Monday, will visit Visva Bharati University at Santiniketan in West Bengal’s Birbhum district Tuesday.
Patil was received at the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport here late afternoon by Governor M.K. Narayanan, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and other officials.
The president will go to Santiniketan Tuesday morning and address the students and faculty members of the varsity. She will also inaugurate an exhibition of Nobel laureate poet, writer and philosopher Rabindranath Tagore’s paintings there.
It will be Patil’s first visit to Santiniketan as president.
- Follow Tagore's message to meet world's challenges: President - Nov 29, 2011
- Presidency varsity mentor group meets Mamata (Lead) - Jul 23, 2011
- Presidency mentor group submits recommendations - Aug 25, 2011
- Amartya Sen to be chief mentor of Presidency University - Jun 04, 2011
- Vacancies to be filled at Kolkata's Presidency University - May 26, 2011
- Presidency University tagged innovation hub - Nov 29, 2011
- West Bengal celebrates Tagore's 150th birth anniversary - May 09, 2011
- President Mukherjee begins four-day trip to Bengal - Sep 14, 2012
- President Mukherjee given civic reception by Bengal government (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
- Troopers arrested for harassing, assaulting girl students - Feb 06, 2011
- Netaji's grand nephew to help revive Presidency - Jun 06, 2011
- 'Hopeful of Viswa-Bharati getting world heritage status' - Jan 14, 2011
- Fire breaks out at Presidency University in Kolkata - Oct 29, 2010
- Fire breaks out at Kolkata's famous Presidency University - Oct 29, 2010
- PM announces Rs.95 crore grant to restore Visva-Bharati on Tagore anniversary - May 07, 2011
Tags: banerjee, birbhum district, chief minister, exhibition, faculty members, kolkata, late afternoon, netaji subhas chandra bose, nobel laureate, paintings, philosopher, poet, president pratibha patil, rabindranath tagore, santiniketan, tuesday morning, varsity, west bengal